Don Carlton Honda "sick and tired" of "homeless" causing problems (Tulsa)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmc tom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem with the answer "to work" is that employers require an address and phone # on their job applications and if a person does not have an address to call home, nor a way to be contacted . . . they don't get the job.
Been there myself once (company went bankrupt). Fortunately the area I was homeless in had a solution in place. The local Catholic Aid Society offered to let the homeless use their office address, and set up a phone plan specifically as a contact phone number.
Using these I was able to slowly climb my way out of being homelessness through a succession of ever higher paying jobs until I could once again afford a place to live.
I applaud you for the courage and discipline it must have taken for you to improve your life. Unfortunately, you are in a very small percentage of the homeless that could or will achieve what you've accomplished. I wish you continued success.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I applaud you for the courage and discipline it must have taken for you to improve your life. Unfortunately, you are in a very small percentage of the homeless that could or will achieve what you've accomplished. I wish you continued success.
Thank you tom. Getting off the street is difficult in the best of circumstances BUT IT CAN BE DONE for those willing to put for the effort. Sadly, most homeless people are lacking . . .

Meheseko

Marksman
Reaction score
idk where they should go but we know how to prevent people ending up like this, everyone needs support systems and a family you can rely on, whenever people slip through the cracks that is how they end up on the street, when they know no one. I don't know how to remedy the affliction but everyone knows how prevention works.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a relatively new phenomenon in Oklahoma. Sure it has always been there like every other state. However not on the level that it is. The medical marijuana market, along with liberal transplants has brought them in. The state needs to do two things. 1) create a non-profit to try and reunite the homeless with their families. 2) offer them a more comfortable living situation and provide them a bus ticket, and some food money to go to California and other areas that are warmer, and have more homeless help.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They should relocate all these homeless folks to the fairgrounds. Let them camp there.
Then we have the closed and abandoned schools, hotels that are empty and sitting vacant. Gov Stitt said today on a news clip that we are not going to build housing for the homeless-and I agree with him. To me, it wold be like throwing gasoline on a fire hoping that the fire would go out. With Biden's economic cuts we're going to have more homeless because of the loss of jobs and the worst hasn't hit us yet.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the end, and even now, we must make sure our Civic Leaders, LE, and Courts, allow us to defend our property, business, and livelihood when needed. There was a time when back taxes were dealt with by slavery. These days the Gov. can protect their livelihood but we cannot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom