Don McLean's S&W bodyguard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the early 90’s, I lived in Pittsburg, TX, and I frequented Burns Pawn and Gun. I bought a Belgium Browning High Power that was previously owned by Ray Price. He lived in Mt Pleasant just up the road and frequented the gun shop. I think my biggest regret in gun trading is letting myself get talked into trading off that gun.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to drift or hijack, but several years ago, early 90's, while set up at OKC gshow, I sold a S&W M36 to Buck Taylor. Aka; Newly, the gunsmith/deputy on Gunsmoke. He said he was attending a western art show in adjacent building at fairgrounds.
IIRC, he was a western artist and had an exhibit there when he decided to visit the gshow.
Thinking back, I can't recall all the celebs (singers, actors, etc) I've seen at ghsows but by far, mostly at Wannemacher shows.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of our members here bought a Ruger from Hank Williams Jr. I think he had a hard time getting the box autographed.

Then, we have a member that has a gun that was taken from Jack Ruby by the Dallas PD, not the one he shot Oswald with, but a S&W.

Latest posts

Top Bottom