Donald Trump: I’ll Sign National Reciprocity if It Reaches My Desk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For being a party of "states rights" this seems an awful lot like shoving federal mandates down 50 throats. I think the current setup is a pain but that's as much federal overreach as is it sending in agents to cities and states uninvited.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
For being a party of "states rights" this seems an awful lot like shoving federal mandates down 50 throats. I think the current setup is a pain but that's as much federal overreach as is it sending in agents to cities and states uninvited.
How do you call a constitutional right federal overreach?

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those are the same words Bush said in 2004 with the AWB. It was a smart political move that gave both sides the warm fuzzies.

The anti’s were hoping it would reach his desk and the pro’s were hoping it wouldn’t. In the end it didn't, because it had a sunset clause built in. But he could push the blame to congress or even a secretary because it didn’t make it to his desk to be signed.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How do you call a constitutional right federal overreach?

You have a constitutional right to get a concealed carry permit from your state and to have the federal government force another state to honor it?

I’ll have to my pocket constitution out and read it again.

I love the weak sauce comparison to driver’s licenses in the article.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have a constitutional right to get a concealed carry permit from your state and to have the federal government force another state to honor it?

I’ll have to my pocket constitution out and read it again.

I love the weak sauce comparison to driver’s licenses in the article.

They made a few amendments after the original was published. It could be he is referring to the second of such measures, although I am frequently confused. You might see if there is anything in your pocket version about that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom