Done with FedEx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shipped a package to South Bend Indiana via FedEx ground, it arrived in South Bend on a Thursday All is good at this point but then they lost it, said it was sitting in a trailer waiting to be unloaded. Long story short it was a week and a half before it made it on to a truck to be delivered in South Bend. Package was a couple pounds in a small box, they charged me $38.48 GROUND. Checked into protesting the charge, blurb on the FedEx site says all late delivery credits have been suspended due to Covid, what BS.

We have had a FedEx accoung for over 20 years and this is the first time I have had a problem, maybe Covid is the culprit but in this case it was the incompetence of the FedEx people in South Bend. Regardless the cost was stupid and the response to my requests were less than desirable... I'm done.

Have no idea how I am going to ship from here on out, have some stuff to sell on-line but have no idea how or what to charge for shipping.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shipped a package to South Bend Indiana via FedEx ground, it arrived in South Bend on a Thursday All is good at this point but then they lost it, said it was sitting in a trailer waiting to be unloaded. Long story short it was a week and a half before it made it on to a truck to be delivered in South Bend. Package was a couple pounds in a small box, they charged me $38.48 GROUND. Checked into protesting the charge, blurb on the FedEx site says all late delivery credits have been suspended due to Covid, what BS.

We have had a FedEx accoung for over 20 years and this is the first time I have had a problem, maybe Covid is the culprit but in this case it was the incompetence of the FedEx people in South Bend. Regardless the cost was stupid and the response to my requests were less than desirable... I'm done.

Have no idea how I am going to ship from here on out, have some stuff to sell on-line but have no idea how or what to charge for shipping.

First time in 20 years is a pretty darn good record...... good luck with UPS or USPS..... you'll need it.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are no better alternatives. Maybe Amazon will start that service. They have seemed the most dependable to this point at least.

I won’t be surprised to see the other major retailers going this route in the future.

Obviously first it keeps profits in house.
Secondly they have more control over the quality of the process.
Sure there are other benefits too.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One other thing I noticed about Amazon delivery. One of the first deliveries we had from them the driver backed out and pulled forward through my yard leaving a couple decent tracks when leaving.
Just happened Amazon sent me a satisfaction survey on that same delivery. I mentioned the tire tracks through my yard. Next delivery there was a small hand written note apologizing for the tracks. Followed by another survey from Amazon. Seems they were trying.

eta: Something else I just remembered. We had a regular FedEx driver for a couple years. But around the first of this year I met him outside for a delivery and to thank him for always placing our packages in a safe location. He told he it was his last week on the job because FedEx was letting him go. He said they were replacing all the current drivers with new ones at about 60% their wage.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are no better alternatives. Maybe Amazon will start that service. They have seemed the most dependable to this point at least.
We ship stuff to teams in the field all the time using FedEx. Up until March of this year, they had been pretty reliable, but then things kind of went in the dumper. Our FedEx rep said it was a combination of them being at 130% of capacity since March, 2020, the labor shortage, and Covid rules (when one person tests positive, you lose not just that one, but all the workers around them), but I've seen some really weird stuff over the last six months.

It has gotten so weird that I actually thought about setting up an Amazon vendor account and "selling" the packages to the field teams just to see if they could git 'er done...

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years of great service and you’re going to let one “bad package” spoil the whole bunch?

Me thinks you need to prepare your mind as it is about to get a lot worse. A week and half delayed package is about to be the least of your worries.
Well once burned I usually do not stick my hand back in the fire. Is wasn't only the shoody service but the outrageous price and not being able to do anything about it. You are welcome to pay the bill if it makes you feel better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom