Done with FedEx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well once burned I usually do not stick my hand back in the fire. Is wasn't only the shoody service but the outrageous price and not being able to do anything about it. You are welcome to pay the bill if it makes you feel better.

The nature to which you seem to be a bit tone deaf to shipping issues in the U.S. is proof positive that Fedex has done you right overall. Get your big boy pants on because like GP said, it's about to get a whole lot worse.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have no idea how I am going to ship from here on out, have some stuff to sell on-line but have no idea how or what to charge for shipping.
FWIW, FedEx recently reinstated the money-back guarantee on Priority Overnight and First Overnight. Not sure if it's economically feasible for what you're shipping, but at least when "tomorrow by 10:30am" turns into "in a few days," you won't be charged for it.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well once burned I usually do not stick my hand back in the fire. Is wasn't only the shoody service but the outrageous price and not being able to do anything about it. You are welcome to pay the bill if it makes you feel better.
We have our own FedEx account, thankfully. I can overnight 1 lb to MN for about $8-9. But, the company I work for ships tens of thousands of FedEx packages every single day. They can be challenging, but by and large they generally do a pretty good job.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FedEx has always been the worst in my experience. I started selling online in the 90s and then thru my shop in the 2000s. I HATED sending or receiving thru FedEx Ground. Express wasn't nearly as bad. But it's also the most expensive. In my experience, discounting the last year, the USPS was always the cheapest and most reliable by far.

It seems now that all three are trying to out-do each other in terms of who can screw up more than the other.

I still choose the USPS over the others, though.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You all realize don't you that fedex is a bunch of independent contractors and some perform better than others?
Read the small print by the door on the delivery truck. It tells the contractor's name .

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FedEx has always been the worst in my experience. I started selling online in the 90s and then thru my shop in the 2000s. I HATED sending or receiving thru FedEx Ground. Express wasn't nearly as bad. But it's also the most expensive. In my experience, discounting the last year, the USPS was always the cheapest and most reliable by far.

It seems now that all three are trying to out-do each other in terms of who can screw up more than the other.

I still choose the USPS over the others, though.
Same here. I always had good luck with USPS.

Latest posts

Top Bottom