Done with FedEx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw a truck once that was a contractor for USPS. The company name on the side door was JAFCO. I asked the driver what JAFCO meant. He said, "Just Another Efiing Company."

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shipped a package to South Bend Indiana via FedEx ground, it arrived in South Bend on a Thursday All is good at this point but then they lost it, said it was sitting in a trailer waiting to be unloaded. Long story short it was a week and a half before it made it on to a truck to be delivered in South Bend. Package was a couple pounds in a small box, they charged me $38.48 GROUND. Checked into protesting the charge, blurb on the FedEx site says all late delivery credits have been suspended due to Covid, what BS.

We have had a FedEx accoung for over 20 years and this is the first time I have had a problem, maybe Covid is the culprit but in this case it was the incompetence of the FedEx people in South Bend. Regardless the cost was stupid and the response to my requests were less than desirable... I'm done.

Have no idea how I am going to ship from here on out, have some stuff to sell on-line but have no idea how or what to charge for shipping.
F**k FedEx. They can't deliver a package to my home. Their effed up GPS sends them to the place next door. When they say they have delivered it and it's not to my home I call. They say they'll call the the driver but don't. Then when you call back they claim to have a GPS pin at your location but they of course. Days or weeks later the item suddenly shows up. It is clear they will lie. In my case it's a simple matter of the items being delivered to the (vacant) property next door. Still it is proof their customer service is s**t and they will lie to cover for incompetent (or possibly unethical) drivers.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure FedEx Ground drivers used to be contractors back when FedEx and FedEx Ground were separate companies, but I don’t know if that’s still true after they merged. I know I’ve seen semi trailers with signs that say they’re operating under contract with FedEx, but I‘m pretty sure FedEx Express delivery drivers are employees, not contractors.
You are correct about express. Another family member has been a driver for fedex about 20 years. We had a driver at our house not too long ago and we were talking and he was a contractor. He talked about how it worked and all that.

Lee Beaittie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FedEx "Ground" is virtually all Independent contractors, either single route or larger distributor routes(a company that hires drivers supplies them a truck to drive the companies routes).
FedEx Express is all Corporate FedEx drivers.
And yes, it seems like at times cant find a aircraft carrier sized package with a telescope, yet manage to get that thin envelope around the world in about 24hrs.
I can tell you first hand, I work for FedEx, have for 20yrs, however I just take care of the jet.....and sometimes it might be my fault because I cant get it fixed to get the freight to Mem in time...in that case , sorry, Ship, happens.

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ordered a small battery of Amazon for a rechargeable light. Originated in OKC. FedEx picked it up in OKC, now it is in Memphis Tennessee.
Sounds like USPS. Years ago I mailed a letter to grandma. I lived on a farm in Kingfisher County. The letter went to OKC then back to Kingfisher. It had an OKC cancelation on the stamp.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ordered a small battery of Amazon for a rechargeable light. Originated in OKC. FedEx picked it up in OKC, now it is in Memphis Tennessee.
Company in Ponca where we live nearby, builds the AC/heating duct grills like one has in their ceiling.
During a remodel, went out there to see if I could just buy a couple. Was told they had to be ordered.
Order left PC, went to Houston, left there to another town in Tx, finally to OKC and then to Ponca. Took a week.
Same as Cookshack Smokers built in Ponca. Lost the element in ours and had to order. No counter sales.

Latest posts

Top Bottom