Dong's Sign

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw the sign yesterday as I visited them for a long time in awhile. They did not ask for id at the door. They do have a decent supply of reloading stuff, but their pistol counter had all the pistols so crushed in together that you couldn't really see what they had.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand the owner has been victimized by 0 dark thirty burglaries, break ins and no telling how much “shrinkage” To his inventory. A real aggravation, I’m sure. Other merchants on Admiral and points North have long since thrown their hands up, closed up shop and vamoosed.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are good people been shopping there since late 70's early 80's when the old man was still alive they HAVE been robbed quite a few times and when you put up with crap day after day and they try to take your livelihood you would be short and not very friendly also. lots of stuff always have something i need.
If you are getting robbed and chit stolen because of the hood your in but you are still making money, you should probably move to a new location with wider isles and better layout in a better part of town.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are getting robbed and chit stolen because of the hood your in but you are still making money, you should probably move to a new location with wider isles and better layout in a better part of town.

I've only been once, and I felt like I was in a flea market. Very poor lighting, the isles were crammed so close together I felt like I was in another hoarder house, and overall it just felt dingy. They did have the pmags I was looking for, about 2 bucks more than Academy, but at least they had em (wife got me 5 for Christmas). One guy at the gun counter seemed friendly from overheard conversations, the big guy at the checkout, not so much. He looked like someone urinated in his sour milk.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been in there once and actually had great service. I was looking for a .44 mag speed loader. The counter guy took me to the right aisle found what i was looking for and and was gone in 10 minutes. That was a few years ago, so not sure what is going on now.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Easier said than done. If they own the building then it gets quite a bit more complicated.

Latest posts

Top Bottom