Dong's Sign

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, now that just hurts a little bit. Don't blame me. I'm currently a renter sitting on my cash.

Dongs doens't need to buy anything just lease a space in a better part of town. If they clean up their chit, organize their shelves and make it more of a welcoming place without the jackwagon attitude they will make more money that some could be put to a bit higher rent costs.
I apologize for my rude comment especially since I'm a hypocrite (not born here myself).
I agree a more welcoming store environment inside and out would probably pay dividends in the long run.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I may have missed it, but I have to get a CT this week and I want to go by this place. What's the address? Also, does anyone know where I could find some .17 hmr ammo. CCI or vmax preferred but I'll take anything that I can run in my Henry .17 hmr henry varmint in soon.
I'd like to get a stockpile of a thousand and work up to about 5k. Being rimfire, no reloading so I want to get about 5k eventually after I find the load that the gun likes the best. That means every thing from 17gr to 20 and other variables. Then I'll get to the 5k and then buy and shoot what I get above that. That way I can go out and shoot a few hundred rounds when I go out and not worry about it.
It's just what I try to do with what I have on hand in the Cals I own.
Any leads on the ammo would be great or if you got some for sale....cool. Also if you have 223 match.....let me know.
Thanks.....I may be getting kicked off here soon. Ha.
Midway has some. HEre are the links. They only allow 2 boxes per "individual household". IT would at least allow you to see how they shoot out of your rifle. All others are out of stock.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020004773
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2900583063

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, yesterday I went to dongs to attempt to find some 7mm Mauser ammo and saw this sign on the door. We haven't had a good dongs thread in awhile. They were quite busy probably atleast a dozen people in that little store. The sign makes you think it's an exclusive club! Lol View attachment 221545

Back in the 90s I probably paid the rent on that place a few times. When the Russian capture K98s started coming in, they had cardboard barrels of them - 99-139 bucks each. They were the place to go to for mil-surp stuff.

I don't know what happened, but sometime around 99 was the first bad experience I ever had with them. One of the guys there got such an attitude I've rarely visited since. (only a much needed reloading component/tool unavailable elsewhere gets me there)

On top of a crappy attitude, the guy (owner/manager) cast doubt on a respected and honorable gunsmith, the late Bill Reich.

So even before the Sandy Hook price increases and the recent reports of crap, I was off their train. Jerry's Reloading is now my go-to for reloading stuff, the mil-surp market is all but gone anyway.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like another poster I’ve only been there once due to the stories I’ve heard on this forum and elsewhere about them being rude to customers, I was headed to USSA to shoot and forgot the magazine to my 10/22, stopped by there since I didn’t want to go back to near Bixby for my mag and purchased one for about 20.00, they weren’t overly friendly but not rude either, I guess word of mouth kept me away.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in the 90s I probably paid the rent on that place a few times. When the Russian capture K98s started coming in, they had cardboard barrels of them - 99-139 bucks each. They were the place to go to for mil-surp stuff.

I don't know what happened, but sometime around 99 was the first bad experience I ever had with them. One of the guys there got such an attitude I've rarely visited since. (only a much needed reloading component/tool unavailable elsewhere gets me there)

On top of a crappy attitude, the guy (owner/manager) cast doubt on a respected and honorable gunsmith, the late Bill Reich.

So even before the Sandy Hook price increases and the recent reports of crap, I was off their train. Jerry's Reloading is now my go-to for reloading stuff, the mil-surp market is all but gone anyway.

I've not been there in a while, but Big Boys Guns and Ammo (east of Mustang on Hwy 152) had some milsurp rifles in racks sitting in the middle of the floor.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fong helped me a lot when i was young on different stuff so i am partial to the place although i do shop other places have put a whole lot of guns on lawaway over the years and paid them out owner is a good guy he gives as good as he gets if you go in with a attitude you may not fair well

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fong helped me a lot when i was young on different stuff so i am partial to the place although i do shop other places have put a whole lot of guns on lawaway over the years and paid them out owner is a good guy he gives as good as he gets if you go in with a attitude you may not fair well
He is also a TCSO deputy last I knew of.

Latest posts

Top Bottom