don't see these to often

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aww! Makes you wanna get out yer welding gloves and pet him.

lol, it got about 10 or 12 feet away before I moved a little so it would notice me. it kinda puffed up and slowly turned and walked away. I don't know much about them, like how aggressive they are or how fast they can run, so I wasn't exactly sure what was about to happen.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only one I’ve seen in person I walked up on it in the dark on the way to help my son find a deer, and it let me walk right up to it. I got within a few feet, and it was very docile and didn’t act threatened at all. It made a “chirping” noise. I walked away to meet up with my son, and when I came back by, it was still in the same area just milling around.

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
Porcupine Stew
Instructions:
Yield: 1 Cups
1 Porcupine carcass [butchered
½ cups Vinegar
8 cups Water
1 Beef bouillon cube
2 teaspoon Salt
1 lg Carrot [chopped]
2 sm Onions [chopped]
½ Green bell pepper [chopped]
3 tablespoon Flour
¼ cups Water
8 oz (1 can) Corn [drained]
4 cups Rice [cooked]

1) Soak the porcupine in a mixture of water (to cover) & vinegar in a large bowl for 1 hour, drain and pat dry. Then place it in a stock pot and add 4 cups of water, cook for 4-5 hours `til the meat falls off the bones, using additional water as necessary... Cool and debone... 2) Combine 4 c water, beef cube, salt and pepper to taste, carrots, onions, and green pepper in a large saucepan and cook for 15 min. Then add the meat and cook for 10 min. 3) Blend the flour and the remaining ¼ c water and stirr into the stew, add the corn and simmer for 5 min. stirring constantly... 4) Serve over hot cooked rice with hot rolls or french bread and grated cheese. Enjoy

Latest posts

Top Bottom