don't see these to often

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I know some folks in SD that eat them, they say it's good. Let me know if you all want one to try this winter when trapping season rolls around. Saw one crossing the road just before dark this evening, seen a few road kill lately too.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Shoot them in the face! They are vile and this country is covered up in them. Nothing worse then sending a pointing dog into flush and he comes out with a mouthful. I have them on game cams nightly and see them from stands. Most of the ones I have seen while bird hunting have been in trees from Waynoka to Seiling area.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Screenshot_20190829-173828_Video Player.jpg

Can't upload video and it it tough to tell in the screen shot, but this one is very much alive. I was removing it to make the work area safe. (By safe, I mean safe for the workers who were terrified of it)

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 142103
Can't upload video and it it tough to tell in the screen shot, but this one is very much alive. I was removing it to make the work area safe. (By safe, I mean safe for the workers who were terrified of it)
Some people think they can launch those quills like ballistic missiles.

Gun Poor Pop

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Porcupine Stew
Instructions:
Yield: 1 Cups
1 Porcupine carcass [butchered
½ cups Vinegar
8 cups Water
1 Beef bouillon cube
2 teaspoon Salt
1 lg Carrot [chopped]
2 sm Onions [chopped]
½ Green bell pepper [chopped]
3 tablespoon Flour
¼ cups Water
8 oz (1 can) Corn [drained]
4 cups Rice [cooked]

1) Soak the porcupine in a mixture of water (to cover) & vinegar in a large bowl for 1 hour, drain and pat dry. Then place it in a stock pot and add 4 cups of water, cook for 4-5 hours `til the meat falls off the bones, using additional water as necessary... Cool and debone... 2) Combine 4 c water, beef cube, salt and pepper to taste, carrots, onions, and green pepper in a large saucepan and cook for 15 min. Then add the meat and cook for 10 min. 3) Blend the flour and the remaining ¼ c water and stirr into the stew, add the corn and simmer for 5 min. stirring constantly... 4) Serve over hot cooked rice with hot rolls or french bread and grated cheese. Enjoy
I don’t know about eatin’ it? But I might make a back scratcher or a bbq grill grate brush or something out of it!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Species not requiring a NWCO permit:
The following species may be controlled without having a NWCO permit: armadillo, bats (except for certain endangered species) coyote, English (house) sparrow, European starling, feral pigeon, flying squirrel, gopher, porcupine, ground squirrel, moles, mice, rats, and amphibians (except for certain endangered or threatened species) feral swine and woodchuck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom