Don't want to lose my range...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This thread ran off the rails a few miles back but it does bring up a problem I see everyday. The way some people treat their pets is a crime.
If you think it's ok to do it to your dog, do it to yourself first. If you like it, he/she will probably like it because all your pet wants to do is please you.
If your a dick to your dog, your just a dick period!

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread ran off the rails a few miles back but it does bring up a problem I see everyday. The way some people treat their pets is a crime.
If you think it's ok to do it to your dog, do it to yourself first. If you like it, he/she will probably like it because all your pet wants to do is please you.
If your a dick to your dog, your just a dick period!
Agreed. And also you ever notice that stuff goes off the rails when people want free ****. Like free land to shoot on for free.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first thought was of the dog. Dogs that exhibit anxiety from certain situations (in this situation loud noises) are uncomfortable and can benefit from proper desensitization and training.

But you've finally shown your true colors. This thread was never about helping this woman or her dog. This thread was about getting you what you want.

Way to be a stand-up guy.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first thought was of the dog. Dogs that exhibit anxiety from certain situations (in this situation loud noises) are uncomfortable and can benefit from proper desensitization and training.
Certainly a good subject for a different thread in how to change their association of loud noises that frighten them into a positive situation. Been there several times.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see the problem some are having with this thread.

The landowner agreed to let him shoot, knowing it was one reason he moved there (I assume keeping one's word means something to you folks?), and the OP is currently trying to accomodate the landowner's dog.

Seems to me like both parties are doing their best. :anyone:

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see the problem some are having with this thread.

The landowner agreed to let him shoot, knowing it was one reason he moved there (I assume keeping one's word means something to you folks?), and the OP is currently trying to accomodate the landowner's dog.

Seems to me like both parties are doing their best. :anyone:

Anybody who thinks deliberately subjecting a dog to a known stressful trigger without giving that dog the training to deal with the anxiety that trigger produces is NOT looking out for anybody, least of all the dog or it's owner.

It is VERY TELLING that when I suggested that there were some things he and the owner could do with the dog to deal with it's fear of loud noises he didn't want to be presumptuous and tell her how to train her dog.

Now that a "friend" has suggested subjecting this dog to the very thing that it is fearful of continuously he somehow has decided this is a viable training technique. In no small part, no doubt, because it would take no effort on his part.

He's lazy. And he's selfish. And I wonder if the "wicked stepmom" knew this thread was here, and what he's said in it, if she wouldn't withdraw her invitation to him to be on her land. I know I'd sure rethink any kindness I'd shown to him up to this point.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Telling someone how to train their dog is right up there with telling folks how to train their children. Try that sometime.

The OP started this thread to find out about reducing noise, which if done sufficiently should eliminate the problem altogether.

Also... it's not trespassing if you have permission.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You mentioned frequency is anything thing that's bothering "the dog" have you tried scaling the frequencydown?

I get that that she's ok for now and this might come across harsh but there were many suggestions about moving where you shot or lowing the distance but it kind of sounds like the answer you don't want to hear. The barrels could Work but they look semi perminate and are also an eye sore, personally if I wasn't using them on my land I wouldn't want them there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom