Double Tap Training....?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
what is it about 2 shots fired as quick as possible? nothing special about two.
Some bad guy needs one, hes getting one, if it takes two, he'll get them. Might even have to do a "capacity-of-magazine-tap"
one thing though, if youre properly trained, it will be

pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow

and if you practice double taps, it will be

pow pow -whered my sight go? oh yeah- pow pow -whered my sight go? oh yeah- pow pow -whered my sight go? oh yeah- pow pow -whered my sight go? oh yeah- pow pow -whered my sight go? oh yeah- pow pow -whered my sight go? oh yeah-

now which way is faster (and more precise?) counting by twos, or the former?

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what is it about 2 shots fired as quick as possible? nothing special about two.
Some bad guy needs one, hes getting one, if it takes two, he'll get them. Might even have to do a "capacity-of-magazine-tap"
one thing though, if youre properly trained, it will be

pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow

and if you practice double taps, it will be

pow pow -whered my sight go? oh yeah- pow pow -whered my sight go? oh yeah- pow pow -whered my sight go? oh yeah- pow pow -whered my sight go? oh yeah- pow pow -whered my sight go? oh yeah- pow pow -whered my sight go? oh yeah-

now which way is faster (and more precise?) counting by twos, or the former?

The point if two shots fired consecutively back to back is to cause enough trauma to the system to shut it down. One shot usually won't do that, although it may. With multiple targets you're going to be better off feeding everyone two rounds and then reassessing the threats.

I do agree that you shoot until it stops but at some point you have to reassess if the target has stopped. checking after a controlled pair is usually a good measure.

I tend to train as shoot-shoot-assess shoot-shoot-assess. This is all my opinion though and as always YMMV.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can I throw a loop into the chain?

Sometimes I practice shooting 17 different targets as fast as I can with my pistol!! Sometimes I practice shooting the first ten targets as fast as I can, and then get on the ground and shoot the other 7 as fast as I can! And sometimes I practice shooting 10 different targets as fast as I can, lay down and fire 5 as fast as I can and then jump back up and "Double Tap" a target!

Key is to just practice, practice, practice, change it up and practice more! LOL! And damn it is hard to get up and down as I get older and as I am sooooo out of shape, but working on it!

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No double taps here:, all aimed shots.

Slow or pause the guy in the video, he has a different grip, his off hand index finger actually touches the pistol frame. Never have seen that. But come to think of it, have never seen or watched a left hand shooter either. I tried griping my pistol and letting my off hand index finger go between my shooting index and touch the gun and it was really awkward and felt weird to me, He is quick.

And the video shows that everyone shoots a different style and can achieve the same with ever so slightly differences to completely different grips and such. Enjoyed the video, we do a lot of timed speed shooting, and me being the old man, it is very different for me against the young guys that come shoot. I think smoothness should come first and if your smooth, the speed will naturally come about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom