Dove Reports?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like some birds around. They are pretty spotty in Payne County but there are a few places around. I wonder what this cold front will do to them. I know it is going to make me happy!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are there dove in these pics??? All I see is beautiful shotguns. What are they???

I shoot a lot of guns, but my favorite is the shotgun.

Guess I'm from times past, but my first gun was a shotgun, and I've become a minor collector.

The top gun is a weatherby SXS althea super grade, and the second is a Browning 0/U citori upland.

The Browning sweet 16 scored 50% tonight. :D
I'll post pics when my pos wireless connection gets back on line.

I'm on my ph

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
we hunted the same field we hunt geese on. its only 60 acres and 14 of us limited or should have limited based on shooting ability. there were still limits taken off the field last night. TONS of birds but very small. i went out yesterday morning and was able to get six. seems like the evening hunt is better.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
we hunted the same field we hunt geese on. its only 60 acres and 14 of us limited or should have limited based on shooting ability. there were still limits taken off the field last night. TONS of birds but very small. i went out yesterday morning and was able to get six. seems like the evening hunt is better.

I concur with the last part. By the way, no one on here was at Lex last night with their son and talked to a guy about a pond, did they? Just curious how they did.

Last night I took two more. Hopefully, this week of not hunting will give the field I frequent a chance to settle down. I haven't seen anyone else on it but the game warden this whole weekend.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hitting lex with my son tomorrow...hoping that it being a Monday (even though a holiday) combined with the end of the free hunting weekend will make it more quiet.

Loving this change of weather...should make for a good morning, even if we don't see many birds.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just drove into work here at Will Rogers airport...I counted a row of 15 dove on a fenceline in the fields to the east of the airport, with a few more singles flying around.

frankos72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just drove into work here at Will Rogers airport...I counted a row of 15 dove on a fenceline in the fields to the east of the airport, with a few more singles flying around.

Good to know. I was planning to get out tonight and I was wondering if the front would have pushed them out or not. Thanks for the info.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hunted lexington this am. I saw 8 birds by 9:30 only 4 were close enough for a shot and we missed. It was a quiet day, but this weather was great.

Beerzerker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was out at lexington last night for a quick peek... Didn't see a single dove. Only heard maybe a dozen shots while I was out there, so I guess my neighbors didn't see much either.

Saw 2 nice deer with my binoculars tho.

Latest posts

Top Bottom