Doves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any low hanging fruit in here??? Oh, sorry wrong thread...

Dove can be shot while resting on the ground, they do not have to be in flight. Do not ask me why it is illegal to pot shoot quail and not dove because I do not have the answer.

Shotguns may not be capable of holding more than 3 shells.
Thank you. My cattle dog will probably chase everything off, but I just want to do the right/legal thing.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any low hanging fruit in here??? Oh, sorry wrong thread...

Dove can be shot while resting on the ground, they do not have to be in flight. Do not ask me why it is illegal to pot shoot quail and not dove because I do not have the answer.

Shotguns may not be capable of holding more than 3 shells.
This is a little shocking to me. I never even thought of the possibility of this being legal. I wouldn't do it unless I was starving. And I'm not going after dove if that's the case.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, this morning I got my first dove. Not sure when more doves will return. I will vacuum pack and freeze it till I have enough to have for dinner. This is the first game I have taken other than fish. It was on my land and literally shot it from my back porch. I did a gopro video of me cleaning it for the breast. I will post a link when I get it uploaded.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Well, this morning I got my first dove. Not sure when more doves will return. I will vacuum pack and freeze it till I have enough to have for dinner. This is the first game I have taken other than fish. It was on my land and literally shot it from my back porch. I did a gopro video of me cleaning it for the breast. I will post a link when I get it uploaded.
Nice! Be sure you can easily identify a dove. Last time I checked, those **** birds can cost you $500 each. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom