Dow - 26,000 - "Edit Next Stop 27,000"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What did you find out on these?

You could be the owner of a bundle of stock certs from 1917. Lol.
In process of researching some of them.

b167fa060af2c4f7434e266cb793258d.jpg

This particular one has great Grandpas writing on it.
Big Money!
367ca31608ae9f7d88f1e202c3276b23.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What did you find out on these?

I found one oil company still in business. Headquartered in Indiana or Ohio? Been awhile since I looked them up.
Didn't find a whole lot of information on the others, but I'm going to use shadowriders link to see if I can find out something.
My financial guy said his company will look them up if I don't find something.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found one oil company still in business. Headquartered in Indiana or Ohio? Been awhile since I looked them up.
Didn't find a whole lot of information on the others, but I'm going to use shadowriders link to see if I can find out something.
My financial guy said his company will look them up if I don't find something.
I checked all my merger and acquisition sources and came up empty. One that was close is now Tesoro but I couldn't get a direct name match. Honestly there are probably 3 dozen now defunct "Western Oil something...." companies out there. An address or headquarter city would help. They were incorporated in Delaware so the Secretary of State's office there might have the records.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only a year and a half later, it happens!

Dow jumps more than 100 points to break above 27,000 for the first time ever

The Dow Jones Industrial Average rallied to a record high on Thursday, led by UnitedHealth shares, after testimony by Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell that signaled easier monetary policy could be implemented later this month.

The 30-stock average broke above 27,000 for the first time in its history, before trading just below that level. The Dow was up 0.5%, or 132 points, around 9:50 a.m. ET.

Meanwhile, the S&P 500 rose 0.2% to trade back above 3,000 while the Nasdaq Composite gained 0.2%.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bond prices have an inverse relationship with interest rates. Rates go up, bond prices go down. Rates go down, bond prices go up. With low interest rates, bond prices are on the premium side. If rates ever go up, I would not want to be on the short holding side of bonds wanting capital appreciation. If you're in bonds for the long term for the coupon payments, then the volatility shouldn't bother you as much.

What's up with the bond market?

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn’t take long to reach 28,000 thanks to Trump’s pro business leadership.

View attachment 146751

I believe the markets are about to explode, regardless of what happens in "the hearings".

If the Rus 2000 will catch up to the other indices everything will be right in the World, and me and my exwife are gonna have a nice little YTD ROR on that 401k I've been contributing to for 35 years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom