Downtown Tulsa residents concerned about encounters with the homeless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okc may not be much better. The encampments are crazy. 10th and Pennsylvania is nuts. Sucks to see homeless kids running around also. City care is down the street on Virginia and I’ve been in touch with Adam and his crew to volunteer help. I go to Church Under The Bridge some at 3 on Sundays.
I wish there was more mental health treatment for them, but some might not want it. Some don’t want to give up crazy because it’s a part of them that helps them survive.

It's not. Hotel Row on Meridian has more homeless people than downtown does now, I think. I would drive home from work at midnight and they were EVERYWHERE even at that time of night, no matter how bad the weather was.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not. Hotel Row on Meridian has more homeless people than downtown does now, I think. I would drive home from work at midnight and they were EVERYWHERE even at that time of night, no matter how bad the weather was.
Yeah, Meridian and I-40 is something. There was a guy taking a bath in the IHOP the other day in the bathroom and his dog came in running around looking for him.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What really amazes me sometimes is these dogs that hang around them are so well behaved in busy intersections. They just chill. My lil Groove Dog would get ran over in minutes. Guess they learn to survive the streets also.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really wish I could disclose some of my security reports from my place of work but I'd like to keep my job.
There's no solution to this problem until we accept that, due to medical/chemical/psychological problems, some people have lost the capacity to make their own life choices.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really wish I could disclose some of my security reports from my place of work but I'd like to keep my job.
There's no solution to this problem until we accept that, due to medical/chemical/psychological problems, some people have lost the capacity to make their own life choices.

While everything you've said is true, that's a horribly slippery slope. Mental institutions were (and I suspect still are) their own special kind of hell. And families can only do so much after someone reaches the age of majority. I wish I knew what the answer was ...

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While everything you've said is true, that's a horribly slippery slope. Mental institutions were (and I suspect still are) their own special kind of hell. And families can only do so much after someone reaches the age of majority. I wish I knew what the answer was ...

Mental institutions are hell, which is why we shouldn't subject the entirety of our society to becoming one.

A pretty significant portion of inmates in Oklahoma's prisons are ultimately just mental patients who may not have become vagrants and criminals with the right treatment. The resources are available to help people on the streets get back on their feet, but since that help comes with stipulations (sober up, stop stealing things, take your medicine) the reality is that they choose to remain in their situation. I'm also concerned with the degree to which the orgs who are paid to help have become something like a Hobo Industrial Complex which doesn't really want the problem to go away, but rather be perpetuated to keep government $$$ flowing.
There isn't a solution to this problem that doesn't look like fascism.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mental institutions are hell, which is why we shouldn't subject the entirety of our society to becoming one.

A pretty significant portion of inmates in Oklahoma's prisons are ultimately just mental patients who may not have become vagrants and criminals with the right treatment. The resources are available to help people on the streets get back on their feet, but since that help comes with stipulations (sober up, stop stealing things, take your medicine) the reality is that they choose to remain in their situation. I'm also concerned with the degree to which the orgs who are paid to help have become something like a Hobo Industrial Complex which doesn't really want the problem to go away, but rather be perpetuated to keep government $$$ flowing.
There isn't a solution to this problem that doesn't look like fascism.
And do not overlook the fact that 1) America is the most charitable "organization" on earth and 2) the Hobo Industrial Complex receives billions in charitable donations from gullible Americans.

Kudos on this sentence: Mental institutions are hell, which is why we shouldn't subject the entirety of our society to becoming one.

The reduction of The Republic to one, big, insane cesspool is the objective of our Globalist Masters. Then they can swoop in like saviors and fix us. Fix us by stripping us of our rights of self-determination and property ownership.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The homeless problem has grown so much in Tulsa its now spread to outlying suburbs as well. When I first moved to BA in 05 you would rarely see a homeless person in BA, now most of the underpasses have a few camped out, my neighborhood has them crossing through all the time. Back in the fall a woman was assaulted when she was going out to her car or getting the mail, can't remember, by a homeless person. Going to QT's at 15th and Denver or 11th and Peoria you see more homeless there than customers. Its gotten so bad QT now their own armed security teams at those and a few other stores. They were posting ads for hiring at several other QT locations as well.

osu007

AKA: Fat Jack, Believer in God
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After reading some of the post, also consider this. There have been productive citizens that have been thrust into “homeless” status. Not all want to be there, and some do work themselves out. However, I have also seen some productive citizens that have been there that do not climb out, and give up. They then take on the ways of the general “ideas” of the homeless. Mental issues, lack of self care/discipline, and change of personality. These once productive people seem to change almost overnight. Resorting to begging, stealing, drug and alcohol abuse, and truly develop mental issues. As in regard to the mass migration of homeless to Tulsa, several years ago, several homeless individuals stated that they were from Colorado, and had been given one way bus tickets to Tulsa, and told that they would be taken care of in Tulsa. This was done by the city of Denver and Colorado Springs, according to several homeless individuals. I personally heard them. And yes the Tulsa problem has expanded to Broken Arrow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom