Downtown Tulsa residents concerned about encounters with the homeless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Talk about Tulsa becoming trashed out. There was trash strung out everywhere this morning around the parking garage entrance. The same area where the girl was shot last weekend. It looks pathetic and more apartments are being built. Tulsa will be a slum in 20 years.

Oh, and I captured a few seconds of a homeless camping area on 244 coming in this morning.

Which overpass is that in the video?

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Talk about Tulsa becoming trashed out. There was trash strung out everywhere this morning around the parking garage entrance. The same area where the girl was shot last weekend. It looks pathetic and more apartments are being built. Tulsa will be a slum in 20 years.

Oh, and I captured a few seconds of a homeless camping area on 244 coming in this morning.

I definitely like your choice in music. :thumb:

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When we were kids,..they ran the bums and hobo's off with a broom and treat to call the cops....

Perhaps hosing them or scaling hot water heaped onto them will get them to move along....

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
That story's kinda whack to me. There may be homeless people in downtown Tulsa all over, I don't know. However, they focused on the homeless around the 3:16 mission. Of COURSE there's gonna be more homeless around a mission/homeless shelter area.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am not sure if this is a second shooting or the one that happened Sunday morning. Freaking casings everywhere.

This is the north entrance to the tower. Just more reason for me to work from home.

🚨
HOMICIDE AT THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE
Early this morning an 18 year old female was shot after an altercation and died at the hospital.
At 2:55 am Tulsa Police Officers responded to a shots heard call and the caller told us that kids were running everywhere. Through our investigation we learned that there were several young adults hanging out at the "Center of the Universe" located at 1 S. Boston.
At this time, we believe that an altercation took place between 2 groups of people and as one of the groups took off in a car, the other group fired several rounds at them.
Several rounds struck One Williams Center building at the intersection of 1st Street and Boston.
While one group was trying to drive away, an 18 year old passenger in the car was struck and they rushed her to the hospital. Unfortunately, her gunshot wound was fatal and she died from her injuries later in the morning.
We are working on some leads in this investigation and could use help from anyone that has information about the shooting.
Odd, is there no description of the car or the people?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That story's kinda whack to me. There may be homeless people in downtown Tulsa all over, I don't know. However, they focused on the homeless around the 3:16 mission. Of COURSE there's gonna be more homeless around a mission/homeless shelter area.
I've started seeing them under the 169 overpasses over 71st and 81st (though I don't recall seeing any under the overpass at 61st). They might've been there for quite some time, but it's just in the last few months that they've started leaving "their" (I'm thinking Target probably has a difference of opinion on that) shopping carts full of junk down by the street while they sit up near the 169 road surface.

Latest posts

Top Bottom