Dpms ar10 $699

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kansas45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My DPMS LR 308 had a few teething problems at first. Shooting, cleaning and a lot of oil, and around the 250 round count the thing broke in and has led a trouble free life ever since. I have never ran any factory ammo through it, only my hand loads.
My two DPMS AR 15's, and the one I built on a DPMS lower receiver have always worked well.
While my experience with DPMS rifles have for the most part been good, I understand that not everyone has had the same luck. I have bought a few automobiles in the past that have been lemons. Maybe it's the old "**** Happens" rule kicking in every once in awhile.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Uumm, Kindly educate me someone on the stretched out AR-10 verses mil spec and please define both as in:

DPMS Gen II is compatible with...
X brand accy's, bbl, ect.

S&W compatible with...
Z brand accy's, bbl, bbl nut, sights ect.

Armorlite...
X & or Z brand style.. if (conditional) ect

nice chart abbreviated form like above for us will be make this a sticy material since .308 AR's are getting more popular & cost effective.

Good luck with that.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After all the horror stories I've read about DPMS .308's (with the exception of the the new GII) I wouldn't pay $300 for one. The new Gen II's I would definitely be interested in, sounds like they have made major changes and created a pretty good .308 platform AR.

Now if I could have whatever I wanted I'd get a LaRue PredatOBR 7.62....now that is a seriously sweet AR10 style rifle.

I took mine out with 2-20 rd mags.
Shot 1..pulled an oiled boresnake through it
shot 5..boresnake
finished the mag..14...boresnake
shot the second mag straight through (well I had my son help)..8)
never had a prob,,,hes shot prob another 50 rds ..no problems
boresnake when it comes home...spray with remsoil..its good... ;)

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would almost bet some of the folks at Ar15.com have done it already. This stuff is more their dominion If the info is there just needs data mined & put in a single post. Then copy.. paste... bam Batman

See it sounds like you read that as, "That is way too much information to compile, good luck.", but it was sent more like, "Wow, I remember when people would research stuff for themselves and ask questions or for advice when they got stuck or something didn't make sense to them but this guy wants the info compiled, collated, and presented in a one stop shop manner and will probably ***** if there aren't any graphics used, well good f-ing luck with that."-kind of way.

Now, I know that came of more d*ck-ish than probably necessary but as you said, the info is out there.

My one criteria was that it had to use the 7.62 Pmag and I got a helluva deal on an M&P 10 so that is how I went. (*hint: "Does the M&P 10 need a DMPS High or Low Profile rail?"'s answer can be found in the Rifle forum in a thread started by yours truly.)

AMT7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just thinking out loud. Maybe a future project if I get some down time. We do not need to be so thin skinned on this stuff. I was hoping if someone had run across it done already they might provide enough info for me to find it.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking at the PSA site, I see that the AR10 kits are currently sold out, but the price dropped to $407 at some point. If the lowers hold at $99 and the kits reappear for $407, I would be unable to pass on one.

Black Friday, here we come!

Latest posts

Top Bottom