Draw hunt results already?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Ok I almost hate to put this on here with all the people not getting drawn..... I drew an elk tag for Cookson refuge. Been putting in what seems forever and I’m in shock.

Heck ya congrats! That's a harder draw than Wichita Mts. Just one tag drawn correct?

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok I almost hate to put this on here with all the people not getting drawn..... I drew an elk tag for Cookson refuge. Been putting in what seems forever and I’m in shock.
Congrats, so at least we know people are getting drawn. I use to think it was a denial system only.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard the explanation one time how the pref points work here, it boils down to it doesn't really increase your odds like CO and WY systems do.
If I remember correctly.....
Oklahoma's preference point isn't a true preference point system like Okie said.
Okla just puts your points into the pot and the names are selected from that pot. So when okie has 25PP his name gets put into the draw 25 times to increase his chances.
In true preference point states, those with the most points get the preferred hunts.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
If I remember correctly.....
Oklahoma's preference point isn't a true preference point system like Okie said.
Okla just puts your points into the pot and the names are selected from that pot. So when okie has 25PP his name gets put into the draw 25 times to increase his chances.
In true preference point states, those with the most points get the preferred hunts.

That seems correct, I know of other hard to draw species in other states where they say, "yeah it may take 15pp before you draw" or "be ready to wait 20y before you accumulate enough pp before your draw". It's pretty much worthless here imo lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom