Draw to first shot times.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My purpose in posting the vid wasn't to get anyone's opinion on the personal life of the man doing the demonstration.
Nor did I give you my opinion on his personal life, did I? I said apart from those issues I do not know much about him. Then I further went on to state my opinion on the drill,which is the only opinion in my previous post. On a side note, I would suggest knowing who is teaching or presenting a drill to you. Not a huge deal in this case since Suarez is a trainer. You can pick up
bad habbits though, like purposefuly aiming low is (IMHO,ymmv, afaik, etc)

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The hell it's not. You're trying to shoot him before he kills you. A speedy draw coupled with an accurate shot beats the hell out of a slow draw and accurate shot.

Sometimes, draw speed is totally meaningless, but other times, it's literally the difference between life and death.

There are other dynamics to consider and take advantage of when possible. (having gun already in hand, leaving the area, etc)

Having a fast draw is not the "be all, end all," but it is prudent to have one.

I was referring to the old west high noon showdown scenario. An attacker has the time advantage over its target. Once an individual realizes that they are a target then they have the burden of removing themselves from target acquisition, this being through displacement, cover, or attempt to out draw the attacker.

My first thought would be to GTFO of the attackers sight line, immediately followed by draw and fire. Just a thought.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
been worrying about this ... my CCW is in my front pocket.
depending on position, 340PD may be hard to pull out

been rethinking my carry position...

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
been worrying about this ... my CCW is in my front pocket.
depending on position, 340PD may be hard to pull out

been rethinking my carry position...

Cy,
Im glad youre thinking about it.

I do occasionally carry just a pocket gun, but thats pretty limited in certain circumstances. Like? Like around the house, in the shop, in the car with a close by fullsize pistol.

Never will pocket carry be my primary method.

We dont always have the luxury of having encounters on our terms, and sometimes lazyman's carry is no better than no carry.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
now I need to figure the best CCW holster for a 340PD
probably should start a new thread for that...

Cy,
Im glad youre thinking about it.

I do occasionally carry just a pocket gun, but thats pretty limited in certain circumstances. Like? Like around the house, in the shop, in the car with a close by fullsize pistol.

Never will pocket carry be my primary method.

We dont always have the luxury of having encounters on our terms, and sometimes lazyman's carry is no better than no carry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom