Draw to first shot times.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reich10

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
In all honesty Ccpatrick, you are probably gonna pull the trigger earlier than you want to anyway. Learn to shoot from the hip. is fast and effective with practice. Lasers are a good way to improve your point of aim from the hip.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
In all honesty Ccpatrick, you are probably gonna pull the trigger earlier than you want to anyway. Learn to shoot from the hip. is fast and effective with practice. Lasers are a good way to improve your point of aim from the hip.

So where'd you get this game plan?
Spaghetti westerns?

bboswell

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fast draw shoot from hip? Think I was in that side match before. Pretty sure Eric & Lance had reholstered after zero down hits before I could get first shot off.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
for those of you who want to see just how fast you can draw and get an accurate hit(s), come to the USSA IDPA match this weekend. Rumor has it there will be a stage where you live and die on that draw to 1st shot. :D

bboswell

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
J.B.,
You trying to say someone could put those theories into action?

I find some of the earlier posts humorous. Fortunately I have never been in a real gunfight, but have seen enough internet videos and attended enough matches to appreciate "Fast Eric Fusion's" comment. Seen plenty of maggots on the computer and jack rabbit quick shooters in real life who can spray lead quickly, but when they can't get hits on target, what's the point?

if it takes the first shooter 3 seconds to miss twice and get a third shot on target, but another guy 2.5 seconds to shoot once but have an accurate hit, I want the second guy on my team.

GlocktoGo is right, come out to any IDPA match and try out your skills. Hopefully you will come to USSA, but lots of other quality venue. Most important is to show up!

Unfortunately for me, last group of family in town this weekend for holiday and my request for pass vetoed. I'm ready to see Nichols off the wheel gun!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom