Drawn Hunt Results

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spooncg33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is the lowest and highest point total someone has been drawn for an Elk hunt? I bet someone has gotten lucky and got drawn on their 1st year. I’m also seeing you guys with 23/24 points and wonder how high the points were for someone before they drew.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
What is the lowest and highest point total someone has been drawn for an Elk hunt? I bet someone has gotten lucky and got drawn on their 1st year. I’m also seeing you guys with 23/24 points and wonder how high the points were for someone before they drew.

I know some guys who've been drawn more than once, and also know of a family of 5 who've all drawn over the years. Although I know the family of 5 drew before it was done electronically. What are the odds lol.

PiedmontGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have always applied for the elk hunts but because of the 'private land' clause on the Antelope, I went for years of not applying until someone at the wildlife department encouraged me to apply because it was his opinion that the land access was fairly easy to get if you go ask in person. I think I had 9 preference points when I was drawn for the Antelope in 2013. By mistake I used up my 20+ preference points on a cow elk last year but really enjoyed the hunt and have cooked that 7.5 year old cow elk using many of the recipes shared by my OSA friends/contributors.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I know a guy that drew an elk his first time. He had the flu so bad he was puking every half hour. It killed him but he decided to stay home.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just called ODWC about the notifications. Guess what? There’s a glitch in the new system.

The lady was extremely nice and said the company that runs the new system would keep working on it and even if it’s after 4:30 they would still go out today.

Latest posts

Top Bottom