Drawn Hunt Results

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are obviously still having issues with the new system. I just tried getting on to pay my Tishomingo NWR user fee ($20) and its also trying to charge me some weird $50 nonresident permit fee, which doesn't apply to me as I have a lifetime license.

I have until august 31 to pay so I'll give it a week or so and see if they have stuff figured out.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I drew a muzzleloader hunt at Deep Fork NWR and a spring turkey hunt at Deep Fork NWR. Anyone ever been there?

Most of it is thick already and with this year’s rains, vegetation will be even thicker. Couple that with the debris from the flooding that has taken place over there, I bet that will be a challenging hunt.

Deep Fork can yield some good deer though, so hopefully you can get on a good trail or maybe a timber edge that is near a hay field.

Ticks! Ticks, ticks, TICKS! If it’s an early season hunt, prepare yourself. Ticks are always bad there, but with this year’s conditions, I am finding they are bad everywhere. I seldom get a tick on my lease here near Piedmont, but I rode the 4 wheeler through some high grass a few weeks ago and came out with dozens crawling all over my pants. I can only imagine they are worse over there.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have any knowledge of the okmulgee youth hunt my grandson drew out
I think that’s where a friends boy got a nice 8 point a couple years ago. If it is, he said it looked like good habitat with lots of places to set up. Good luck!

TimberJim

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of it is thick already and with this year’s rains, vegetation will be even thicker. Couple that with the debris from the flooding that has taken place over there, I bet that will be a challenging hunt.

Deep Fork can yield some good deer though, so hopefully you can get on a good trail or maybe a timber edge that is near a hay field.

Ticks! Ticks, ticks, TICKS! If it’s an early season hunt, prepare yourself. Ticks are always bad there, but with this year’s conditions, I am finding they are bad everywhere. I seldom get a tick on my lease here near Piedmont, but I rode the 4 wheeler through some high grass a few weeks ago and came out with dozens crawling all over my pants. I can only imagine they are worse over there.
Thanks! I appreciate the help.

Latest posts

Top Bottom