Dream truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love it. I learned from my dad on an 87 bronco. My kid is 5 and starting to learn the difference between tools.

It’ll be my first carb motor. There will be a learning curve but man I love it.
Have you and him watched Rim of the world ? It's about kids at camp who end up saving planet earth. Only it was a mustang they found that ran.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was 16 years old in 2000 when I bought a mint 79 f250 extended cab from the original owner with 80k miles. It was white and blue two tone. Had a 460 and seemed to float down the road. Paid $2600 for it. I sold it a couple years later for $2800. I’ve been regretting it for the last 10 years.

Bigdawg90

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was 16 years old in 2000 when I bought a mint 79 f250 extended cab from the original owner with 80k miles. It was white and blue two tone. Had a 460 and seemed to float down the road. Paid $2600 for it. I sold it a couple years later for $2800. I’ve been regretting it for the last 10 years.

I bought the 87 Bronco from my dad when I turned 18. When we were about to have our son, my wife wanted to let it go. I had rebuilt almost everything on it. It sold for around $6k in 2016 in amazing shape. In 2021 the guy called me and asked if I wanted to buy it back for $20k. He hadn’t done anything to it. Lol. Regret selling that everyday.

Bigdawg90

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you drove it from one of the more local Miami towns right. Not Miami Florida.
Miami, OK. Florida would have been brutal. The truck did 70 all the way back no problems. Started right up this morning at 11 degrees with wind chill. Had to keep on the throttle to keep it running though. Lol.

I would name the truck, FORDY.
My son wanted to name it the Hulk. He’s super into the Avengers. Wife like Green Machine :)

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still regret not buying a legit f250 highboy with a bad 2nd gear for 1200 about a decade ago. Granted, I still have nowhere to put it :)

Nice find.

This Jeep has HighBoy Dana 44s under it. Front being a High Pinion. I Trussed them and Sleeved them both. Ran 38” Tires on it, RCV Axle Shafts. Detroit Lockers frt & rear. It was one tough Jeep.

9EEB9C16-A26D-4F49-8686-45C0B33922AF.jpeg

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Miami, OK. Florida would have been brutal. The truck did 70 all the way back no problems. Started right up this morning at 11 degrees with wind chill. Had to keep on the throttle to keep it running though. Lol.

My son wanted to name it the Hulk. He’s super into the Avengers. Wife like Green Machine :)

I drove my 78 to California several times. Back when gas was cheap, and mine had a 351M in it. Imalso had put a two speed rear gear in it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom