Drive-By Truckers Fan Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gah, I've yet to see them live. Last time I knew of that they were in Tulsa was 2 years ago and I already had plans. Before that I hadn't fully engulfed myself in them so I probably missed a few shows by not paying attention...bummer. I'm slowly getting all their albums on vinyl one or two at a time.

All the songwriting is insanely great. The fact that they do a song like Uncle Frank and then Isbell writes TVA is so cool. Basically told the entire story of the TVA and electrification of the south in a few minutes worth of songs, from both points of view.

gregorius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you get a chance, man - make a point to go see them. I actually got to meet ol' Cooley and Patterson Hood at the first show that I saw at Cain's because I knew one of their roadies at the time. I barely remember it. It was that good of a time.

On a side note: Jason Isbell's solo stuff is pretty good. I saw him live at the Wormy Dog in OKC a couple years back. If you like the Isbell-penned stuff from DBT, you may wanna check it out.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got 350 heads on a 305 engine/I get 10 miles to the gallon/I ain't got no good intentions

This thread brought to you by cheap beer and loud music.

I just noticed that the dude in the front on the concert portions of this video keeps holding a PBR up. :) Lovin' it.

Last edited by a moderator:

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Badace band !! I have loved them for years. Perfect timing is one of my absuloutly favorite songs. Got turned on to them by attending a lucero (a super band in their own rite ) concert in Memphis many "moons" ago.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jason Isbell isn't with them anymore but his contributions to 'The Dirty South' stand the test of time.

'******* Lonely Love' is about as close to TVZ-esque songwriting as it gets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom