Drive-By Truckers Fan Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know we gotta have some DBT fans in the house. Probably the best band to make a name for themselves in the last 20 years in my humble opinion. Words can't describe how good the songwriting is (by multiple writers), and am I the only one that is kinda in love with Shonna Tucker?

For newbies, I can't even begin to list their best albums or songs because they are all masterpieces. Pizza Deliverance might be my favorite overall, though (got it on the stereo right now).

Got 350 heads on a 305 engine/I get 10 miles to the gallon/I ain't got no good intentions

Don't call what you're wearin' an outfit/don't act like your family's a joke/don't worry 'bout losin' your accent/southern man tells better jokes

Mid-life crises, high on Dilauded/ Valium, and crystal meth/Harold and Margo, feeling no pain/Fifty and crazy, big hair and cocaine.

Uncle Frank couldn't read or write/so there was no note or letter found where he died/just a rope around his neck/and a kitchen table turned on its side

I got green and I got blues/and every day there's a little less difference between the two

Reverend Bob is a preachin' out thunder/mom and dad follow every last word/all that hollerin' makes me wonder/does a whispered prayer get heard?

I said "Dylan who?" and you told me to kiss your ass

Five generations and an unlocked door and a loaded burglar alarm

This thread brought to you by cheap beer and loud music.

Last edited by a moderator:

gregorius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DBT is my favorite band of the genre. I LOVE this band. I saw them in Tulsa at Cain's a few years back and man, I was done. Top five concerts of my life, and I have been to many hundreds of shows all over the US since I was 16.

Decoration Day was the first DBT song I ever heard and I really don't think it is overstating it to say that it changed the way I look at "southern rock" forever.

I have seen them live six times now, each show was great. I own all of their records on vinyl. I guess you could call me a fan. Oh - and I chose them for my avatar, too.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom