Drivers license advice..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't for the life of me figure out why people insist they comply with that "real ID".

It is expected of me to hand over each and every piece of my personal information to someone that isn't even part of local or state government?

So they can copy it and file it away in a private owned business?

So I can what exactly?

Fly on commercial flights? Please they keep moving the date more and more each time the discussion comes up.

Or I can enter a federal building? Look if you wont allow me entry it stands to logic that as a citizen I dont need to be there?

You already dont get your license immediately as you used to, it took 3 weeks to get it, which to me says that someone out there is getting a kickback off this compliance crap.
The state ID's are good for flights in the US and to Alaska, Hawaii and other US territories. To inter and exit other countries requires a passport or visa.

Jlingle

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had the same situation as y’all. Even our local Altus tag agent wanted me to make an appointment several weeks out. I called mangum and asked how long their waiting times would be…. They just laughed. The fella told me to just come whenever I was ready. He told me what I needed for the “real ID” and I brought him the documents. Easy peasy, and I was done that afternoon. I received the ID in the mail a few weeks later.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
in yukon there is a wait and appt required to get your real drivers license or whatever it is called. but all over okc and yukon you can walk in and just get a regular dl or ID

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont know about other places but here unless you have a cdl or getting your dl for the first time or making major changes you go to the tag agency to renewal your dl and get your tags in the same building with the same workers, even with cdl's you go to the dmv to do the paperwork and then you have 24 hours to get the paperwork to the tag agency to get your new cdl but with the waiting period there is no way of doing that unless things have changed since i last got mine and it could have cause it has been 4 years ago when i done it and only got a class D license when i renewed this year since im no longer working and need the cdl.

Latest posts

Top Bottom