drivers license stoopidity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After reading all the posts about troubles getting a DL and the wait times I can't believe that I applied online and had my license in the mail 2 weeks later....I renewed it late last year so things have really gone down hill since then....

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After reading all the posts about troubles getting a DL and the wait times I can't believe that I applied online and had my license in the mail 2 weeks later....I renewed it late last year so things have really gone down hill since then....
Did you apply for the Oklahoma one or the Real-ID one? Then again, I'm not sure if OK is issuing the ones that are not Real ID right now.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I walked in to the Edmond DPS after not one, but two, failed attempts with appointments at OKC DPS (about 5 months wasted). I went to the kiosk and signed in as "non-appointment" and a couple hours later I had finished my Real ID DL. Got it in the mail about 11 days later.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Be sure you read the information about all the documentation that is required to prove who you are in your own country. If you don't have it the process stops right there.

more fun and games brought to you by our worthless polytickans ans national leaders
OK requires more documentation for the real ID DL than you need to get a US passport.
It's ridiculous

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK requires more documentation for the real ID DL than you need to get a US passport.
It's ridiculous
Interestingly, all this "stoopidity" is one of the reasons people claim that ID laws equate to voter suppression. Look how many god-fearing patriots right here on this forum are having trouble with ID's. Now imagine if you didn't have one to start with, or couldn't find it, or needed a birth certificate, or whatever.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive got another 3 years on mine and when i renew im going from a class B to a class D so that will more than likely throw a wrench in the ringer and cause several delays unless they get things worked out by then but i would almost bet they dont they so slow about doing anything these days cause no one cares about the quality of work they do just as long as their paycheck keeps coming in.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what is up with the DPS? been waiting forever to get my CDL renewed. went to tag office and they can't do anything so i went 20 miles to the DPS and they won't open the door or answer the phone,email or return calls. i got online and uploaded all of my credentials and got a case number but there is no indicator that anything has happened.
When I renewed my CDL last year I ended up going to the DPS in SW OKC - the one at I-240 & I-35.

Get there early and stand in line outside. I mean early.

No, earlier than that.

Don't bother calling, nobody will answer the phone. Just bring a chair and a book, and get there before first light. When I renewed at Edmond DPS a few years ago, I got there at 5am, and there were over a dozen ahead of me, standing in the dark waiting for the place to open at 8.

For those that don't know, a CDL is a different kettle of fish than a regular class D license. Can't do it at a regular tag agent. Law says you can, tag agent says you can't.

Damn Gov't agencies. The only reason they can do this is that we MUST go to them. There is no competition.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interestingly, all this "stoopidity" is one of the reasons people claim that ID laws equate to voter suppression. Look how many god-fearing patriots right here on this forum are having trouble with ID's. Now imagine if you didn't have one to start with, or couldn't find it, or needed a birth certificate, or whatever.

The same DL needed to buy a firearm too so I guess that's 2A suppression.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's 60 days out to get a permit test for my 16 year old. She is not happy. This is insane.

Many small tag agencies have simply said the hell with all this and quit the DL business entirely. The fines etc. are nuts if they screw up any part of it.
Yep, Piedmont Tag Agency no longer does drivers licenses.

Latest posts

Top Bottom