drivers license stoopidity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's 60 days out to get a permit test for my 16 year old. She is not happy. This is insane.
My niece just did her permit test last week, and she had to sign up for it in February to get that slot. They had to go to Poteau to take it because there were no available slots in the Tulsa area for the next year when she signed up. (IIRC, you could get a slot through a $$$$ driving school, but that was about it.)

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So wait, I cant just walk into a tag office and renew my DL like I could years ago. Not talking about the real ID one, ya I hear thats a pain, but just a plain ole drivers license.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some years ago I had auto insurance with a high school friend that had became an Allstate agent. The car insured was the step-daughter's car and ultimately I sold the car and thought that the issue was closed. A few months later I found out that I had a suspended license and had been driving a such. I obtained a letter from the car dealer who sold the car and took it to DPS to straighten out my suspension because I canceled insurance on a car. The Black woman that I tried to explain things to chewed me out and she must have been on a low pay scale and I ignored her but did get my license back. I've never forgotten my "friend" reported me to DPS causing my license to be suspended and I got chewed out by someone who is a public servant,

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So wait, I cant just walk into a tag office and renew my DL like I could years ago. Not talking about the real ID one, ya I hear thats a pain, but just a plain ole drivers license.

Nope - call ahead & get an appointment or arrive early to stand in line or some other FUBAR way to mess with your life. So many other states managed to implement this without all the hassle so OK had to get creative on how to really turn it into a disaster.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
in my case there are no lines to waste in just a singe on the door that says no walk ins and the door is locked. no one will answer phone or email or return voice mail. no way to make an appointment nothing. the online thing i did says maybe 60 days or longer and cases are processed in the order received. i emailed the governors office but his staff replied that all the problems had been fixed and gave me a couple of bills to read. welcome to the U.S.S.A

Hawkstar

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lanoy tag agency in norman has quick turnaround times. Spent 5 min in line Friday morning had to go back at two that afternoon was out the door on my way home by 2:08. Now I'll see how long it takes to get it in the mail. Well oiled machine the day I went and on the day my wife went

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lanoy tag agency in norman has quick turnaround times. Spent 5 min in line Friday morning had to go back at two that afternoon was out the door on my way home by 2:08. Now I'll see how long it takes to get it in the mail. Well oiled machine the day I went and on the day my wife went

So now if/when you can go into a tag office to renew your license it gets mailed to you? Correct?

wtf kind of bull crap is that?

Latest posts

Top Bottom