drivers license stoopidity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And you'd think that if someone already has a Real ID equivalent ID that the process would speed up . . . I mean between my Federal Personal Identity Verification (PIV) card and my CAC card I think it's safe to say I am who I say I am . . . 26 years of IDs and job clearance-related background checks from uncle sam should count for something.

BillPenn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Real ID requirements are federally mandated. Our state leaders knew exactly how big of a pain this was going to be. That's why they resisted rolling it out for for the last few years. My biggest issue is that also means we have known for years this is coming. One would think there there may have been a few high level meetings to come up with a plan. (Our tag agency's can issue X number of Real ID's per day. We have 2X number license that expiring per day. How do we meet the federal requirements and make this work?) Instead we opted for the, we don't want it but let's roll it out and see what happens plan.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What a cluster, we got our real id’s about 3 months ago. Just walked in and out about 25 minutes later at our tag office, but it was 3 months ago and were in a pretty small town. Got them in the mail probably 2-3 weeks later.

I don’t plan on ever using it but the wife's family lives out of state, she said she might want to fly out and see them.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Real ID requirements are federally mandated. Our state leaders knew exactly how big of a pain this was going to be. That's why they resisted rolling it out for for the last few years. My biggest issue is that also means we have known for years this is coming. One would think there there may have been a few high level meetings to come up with a plan. (Our tag agency's can issue X number of Real ID's per day. We have 2X number license that expiring per day. How do we meet the federal requirements and make this work?) Instead we opted for the, we don't want it but let's roll it out and see what happens plan.
Don't forget that it appealed to a large bit of the voter base at the time. Large swathes of people believing it was federal overreach or the NWO starting to work their magic. I saw threads like that right here. So they "fought the fight" against them even knowing the truth and that they'd lose, so now we made our bed and we lie in it to some degree. I tried to get mine early and kept getting told I couldn't because I saw this coming.

BillPenn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't forget that it appealed to a large bit of the voter base at the time. Large swathes of people believing it was federal overreach or the NWO starting to work their magic. I saw threads like that right here. So they "fought the fight" against them even knowing the truth and that they'd lose, so now we made our bed and we lie in it to some degree. I tried to get mine early and kept getting told I couldn't because I saw this coming.
I'm good with fighting the good fight. I even applaud their efforts. Just at some point when we new it was a loosing battle. There should have been a plan B. That's the difference in loosing and giving up.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm good with fighting the good fight. I even applaud their efforts. Just at some point when we new it was a loosing battle. There should have been a plan B. That's the difference in loosing and giving up.
It was never worth the fight. It was always going to happen, everyone knew it was going to happen. We just wasted money, effort and planning along the way so that people could pander.

Spider27monkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got the Real-ID back in February at the Downtown Tulsa Tag office. They were operating on a first come, first served basis. I was there second in line before they opened, took close to an hour to get me out the door. The tag office wasn't slow, it's the process of scanning and sending each of the required documents individually that apparently have to be verified one at a time.
When I left there were at least a dozen people waiting in line behind me.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I applied online for a new drivers lic on Apr 26, it arrived today. Plan ahead guys.
Those with a CDL can 'plan ahead' , but cannot apply online.
A CDL holder MUST appear in person, with an original or certified copy of the birth certificate.
A regular tag agent will not renew a CDL.
One has to go to the DOT station.

Therein lies the problem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom