drivers license stoopidity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I went and renewed my license today. Found a tag agent out of town who takes walk ins and will do as many as they can in a day. I had no wait time, walked in, handed over the documents they needed, got my picture taken, dear god I am ugly, fingerprints, signed a e pad, handed over the cash, got my temp paper license, out the door in maybe 15 minutes.

They said should be about 2 weeks for the new one to come in.

I did the real ID one, since once you have it you dont have to give up all the paper work to renew.

bobfuente

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got back from the tag office and this is how it went. There is only one clerk and computer which processes "Real ID." I was seen 45 minutes early. I had all the documents required. First off the bat he wanted a passport. I never have had one but I had my original hospital birth certificate. I mean the Real McCoy. They don't accept hospital Birth Certificates. I was flabbergasted. They only take County Birth Certificates. The list of requirements clearly state "Birth Certificate." It doesn't specify between county or hospital. So he provided me with a phone number and email address. I was born out of state. So I ordered one through the county in which I was born. When it arrives, I will schedule another appointment and try at this again.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back from the tag office and this is how it went. There is only one clerk and computer which processes "Real ID." I was seen 45 minutes early. I had all the documents required. First off the bat he wanted a passport. I never have had one but I had my original hospital birth certificate. I mean the Real McCoy. They don't accept hospital Birth Certificates. I was flabbergasted. They only take County Birth Certificates. The list of requirements clearly state "Birth Certificate." It doesn't specify between county or hospital. So he provided me with a phone number and email address. I was born out of state. So I ordered one through the county in which I was born. When it arrives, I will schedule another appointment and try at this again.

Wow . . . I requested a copy of mine from the State of Oklahoma just to have an extra one that was a better copy than the old one my parents gave me. Hopefully it'll work for me when the time comes for me to go down the Real ID road.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're in the Stillwater/Cushing/Mannford area the tag office in Yale takes walk ins. Only took about 15mins. to do real ID, I was allowed to use a property tax receipt for proof of address since my DL only has a P.O. box.

Latest posts

Top Bottom