drivers license stoopidity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back from the tag office and this is how it went. There is only one clerk and computer which processes "Real ID." I was seen 45 minutes early. I had all the documents required. First off the bat he wanted a passport. I never have had one but I had my original hospital birth certificate. I mean the Real McCoy. They don't accept hospital Birth Certificates. I was flabbergasted. They only take County Birth Certificates. The list of requirements clearly state "Birth Certificate." It doesn't specify between county or hospital. So he provided me with a phone number and email address. I was born out of state. So I ordered one through the county in which I was born. When it arrives, I will schedule another appointment and try at this again.

I have 3 copies of my birth certificate, from california, they are each stamped in red ink certified copy, must be stamped in red ink. Thankfully I have no problems with it, either for a passport 23 years ago that I never renewed or the new dl garbage.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmm didnt know the county issued birth certificates thought the state did that, I quess im screwed since i wasnt born i was hatched and they dont issue anything for that lol.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmm didnt know the county issued birth certificates thought the state did that, I quess im screwed since i wasnt born i was hatched and they dont issue anything for that lol.
Hatched is better than being found under a cow patty which is where they always told me.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So now if/when you can go into a tag office to renew your license it gets mailed to you? Correct?

wtf kind of bull crap is that?
They get to charge you more. Some years back on sooner below 240 there is a tag agency. And if you didn’t specifically say you wanted your registration papers for your automobile they wouldn’t give it to you and then they would turn around and mail it charging an extra two or three dollars if you weren’t paying attention on the original bill.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tried to get into DPS in Clinton, Ok to renew my CDL. Anything close was the same way.No appointments for 60 days out not taking walkins. Local tag agency said they could do it if I did not have K endorsement on my CDL. Was there when they opened went pretty quick at first but I had a motorcycle endorsement under the grandfather clause which they said
had to authorized at DPS. Had to come back at 2pm, the lady got it taken care of and I was out in 10 minutes with a piece of paper for a license. Got mine in the mail a couple days ago. Helps when the local tag agent is your neighbor 2nd house down but the 2nd house down is 2 miles
I’ve been riding a motorcycle for almost 30 years. What is this K issue that you were talking about? I currently have an M on my drivers license. It’s always kind of a pain in the butt to renew but it’s a B CDL also

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been riding a motorcycle for almost 30 years. What is this K issue that you were talking about? I currently have an M on my drivers license. It’s always kind of a pain in the butt to renew but it’s a B CDL also
The K endorsement is CDL for Intrastate only you don't cross state line or leave Oklahoma. Don't ask why they can not do this but tag agent said that one can only be done at DPS.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The K endorsement is CDL for Intrastate only you don't cross state line or leave Oklahoma. Don't ask why they can not do this but tag agent said that one can only be done at DPS.
That’s me then. I have a B CDL but haven’t used it in about 13 years. Kept it just in case. What a freaking pain in the arse.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the K endorsement is for intrastate only and has more to do with the health certificate than anything else. i am learning that i might be able to fill out a "SELF" certified health certificate but still have to get the eye test at DPS. soooooo ttthhheeee lllooooonnnngggg wwwaaaaiiiiittteee cccccooooonnnnttttiiiiinnnnuuueeeessssssss_____----_____----!

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Real ID "Mega Center" is set to open on July 26th. Hopefully it will help out with the backlog of people needing to get one.

Edit: looks like someone beat me to it on the previous page, but I'll leave it here for reinforcement.

Latest posts

Top Bottom