drivers license stoopidity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those with a CDL can 'plan ahead' , but cannot apply online.
A CDL holder MUST appear in person, with an original or certified copy of the birth certificate.
A regular tag agent will not renew a CDL.
One has to go to the DOT station.

Therein lies the problem.
Depends on tag agent I guess, renewed my CDL to a real ID CDL at the local tag office. Was told they could renew it as long as I didn't have a K endorsement ( Intrastate only). Dont know why that is but was what I was told. Had to make 2 trips cause I had motorcycle endorsement which I grandfathered in on and it would not let them override it without the test score. Had to leave for a few hours and come back then they had it taken care of. Took 10 minutes the second time. I was under the same assumption till I talked to them always had to go to DOT before.

bobfuente

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Their website says you have to physically make the appointment there. And the website says the office opens @ 0800. So I got there @ 0730 this morning and their office hours are posted that they open @ 0900. And there is a notice on the door saying they don't schedule appointments there anymore. But there is a website provided. So I get home and enter the website on my iPhone, but it's invalid. And I accidentally stumbled into a website that I was able to schedule an appointment through.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Their website says you have to physically make the appointment there. And the website says the office opens @ 0800. So I got there @ 0730 this morning and their office hours are posted that they open @ 0900. And there is a notice on the door saying they don't schedule appointments there anymore. But there is a website provided. So I get home and enter the website on my iPhone, but it's invalid. And I accidentally stumbled into a website that I was able to schedule an appointment through.
Welcome to the joys of trying to get a driver license renewal in this bass ackward state right now. (I'm still a bit bitter, in case you can't tell)

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you can and should apply for your CDL online. you will need to scan and upload your birth certificate and photo and all the other stuff in it's proper order and place as provided in the online application. the holder of a type K restriction can apply online also but is required to go to the DPS for eye test. the problem is that you can't get into the DPS to complete the process. i don't think the agents or the DPS even understand the process anymore.

Hawkstar

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats what I was told by a co worker is on month 2 of waiting for license to be mailed to her. She has the paper one and her old one while waiting for her new one LOL.
Makes it hard for my mind not
My experience You get a printed paper copy of your new one and you keep your old one to carry untill the new one comes in. I think the new ones have something in the plastic that can't be/isn't done on sight .
Makes it hard for my mind not to race around all the wacko reasons of why....... You would think that with all the advancements in tec and how much better the real id is supposed to be that it wouldn't be such a problematic and lengthy process. I've seen people get their woohan masks shipped from china faster than I can get my photo on a piece of plastic right here in the great state Oklahoma

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Makes it hard for my mind not

Makes it hard for my mind not to race around all the wacko reasons of why....... You would think that with all the advancements in tec and how much better the real id is supposed to be that it wouldn't be such a problematic and lengthy process. I've seen people get their woohan masks shipped from china faster than I can get my photo on a piece of plastic right here in the great state Oklahoma

never mind the fact that for years I have had to give up finger prints when I have renewed my license

why all the extra bs?

my prints say it’s me or it’s not

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
never mind the fact that for years I have had to give up finger prints when I have renewed my license

why all the extra bs?

my prints say it’s me or it’s not
I assume it is so a super computer can detect "interresting" patterns...somelike like: 20 Saudi's are taking advanced flight training at the same time.....hmmm. The problem is that someone competent and motivated and respectful of our rights has to interpret and act on these weird patterns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom