Drone service for hunting property

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone here have a recommendation for a drone service that would fly over our hunting property and produce a video along with still shots? I had contacted J&A Drone Service out of Shawnee over a year ago but at the time they had too much work after an ice storm doing insurance claims. Now, it appears the company may be out of business. The old web domain shows it can be bought. They offered a couple of different packages which included 1080p video and a set number of still shots. One of the goals is to get it done now before all of the leaves start back in the spring. Also negotiated to have one picture taken from the center of property so we could enlarge to mark where treestands are located, etc...

I've got a buddy with a drone but this place was very affordable and produced professional quality results. Appreciate any input or suggestions.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okie4570, I figure your comment was 'in jest' but if I could get real time photos off Google Earth or ask for a picture from a certain day/time of year, I'd definitely not be asking to pay someone for a similar service. Our property is heavily wooded with oak, pecan and walnut trees. During the summer months, it's nearly impossible to see/navigate through. Getting a drone overhead now will show us lots about the place that we can't deduce from Google Earth, OnXHunt, etc...

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Okie4570, I figure your comment was 'in jest' but if I could get real time photos off Google Earth or ask for a picture from a certain day/time of year, I'd definitely not be asking to pay someone for a similar service. Our property is heavily wooded with oak, pecan and walnut trees. During the summer months, it's nearly impossible to see/navigate through. Getting a drone overhead now will show us lots about the place that we can't deduce from Google Earth, OnXHunt, etc...
Just depends on the time of year that the GE sat took pics of your area. Mine was fortunate and is late fall, and leaves are off the trees, not that I've got that many trees in the areas that I hunt though lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom