Drones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No! Binoculars do not count. You have to be able to see the drone at all times with the unaided eye. Corrective lenses are OK, but no binoculars.
ZomboMeme 23102019231529.jpg

Challenge accepted!

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 84 miles on my DJI mini 2 and love it. It’s going strong after a year of use. You can’t go wrong with the minis. Mine is registered with the FAA. I fly at night a lot with proper lighting and it’s amazing.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s the DJI mavic pro 2, has a 4k hasselblad camera built it, 3 batteries, extra parts, etc. lots of cool camera features, terrain avoidance and autopilot. If you like, I can send pictures. It has maybe 5 hours of flight time on it.

Terry go for it im still on the fence whether i really needigh/want one right now

Well, I guess I can forget it. I made the mistake of leaving this thread open while I was doing something else in the hotel room, and the wife read through it.

Her words were something like, "Ain't no way you are paying good money to buy a drone and then crash it into the ground."

She's probably right, I'm afraid. I might would have a problem with the notion of always having the drone in visual range. I'm sure I would want to view and photograph something "just over that ridge or stand of trees."

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I guess I can forget it. I made the mistake of leaving this thread open while I was doing something else in the hotel room, and the wife read through it.

Her words were something like, "Ain't no way you are paying good money to buy a drone and then crash it into the ground."

She's probably right, I'm afraid. I might would have a problem with the notion of always having the drone in visual range. I'm sure I would want to view and photograph something "just over that ridge or stand of trees."
It does come with anti collision sensors and such, it practically won’t let you crash it, and it will take off and land itself if you don’t want to do it manually. I would do a pretty good deal for anyone here, and am open to trades, esp quality sxs/OU shotguns, could be open to lots of other stuff too.

Just something to chew on.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im think of getting a DJI Mini drone to use around the place just to check on things like fences, trees down and any activity not getting it per say for the video quality just so i can see what is going on.

Good luck on your Part 107 exam! (yes, what you describe is not considered recreational purposes). Any drone used for 107 purposes must be registered regardless of weight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom