Drones?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeti695

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The 107 is for business and money making ventures. Legally you are supposed to have a license not sure what it is. Something like a hobby license and you are supposed to register it. We have to because of our business. Our drone is not good in cold weather. It will drain out battery very quickly. We have a heated battery for doing work when its cold. When we got that battery the people we got it from told him from personal experience not to use when the temperature is lower than freezing.
Just read to make sure. If it's under 0.55 pound for hobbyists no license required but legally you are supposed to register it. If you make money the 107 license is required and registered drone.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few years ago. Its actually my wife is the one with it. Thats here part of the business. Also have to retest every 2 years.

Well, then she should know that money does not have to change hands in order to fall under 107. Anything in furtherance of a business or other than fun or recreation is under 107. BTW - you are not required to register a drone under .55 lbs unless it is used under 107 and must then be registered.

Yeti695

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As you said a business is required to have the license. Thats all we use it for. So need to care about any other parts of it. I said that about the 0.55 pound in another post. @KOPBET well I'm not here to hijack this thread. I'll leave it at what I said. Next time guess I just won't answer anything with out running it by all the experts first.

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is under the .55 lbs and is basically a great flying camera. The flight time flight time is great compared to other models but colder weather and wind definitely drains the batteries faster than normal. I’ve had my Part 107 FAA license since 2018 and use apps like B4UFLY, Air Map, Notams, and UAV Forecast.

DJI Mini 3 - So Fly - DJI

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I understand you are supposed to block off an area or request to block off an area of sky you will be flying the damn thing in. Once you do that, you are in control of that area of sky.

Latest posts

Top Bottom