Drug testing at work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny how drug testing quantity goes up and all of a sudden a large quantity of people are failing drug tests at work.
Use to be I’d hear of about 10 people getting a test each year, now it sounds like they are testing exponentially more and getting a lot of dirty results.
I got the breathalyzer and pee test, everyone else just got the pee test.

2 guys failed with “CBD oil/no thc”, yeah ok. That’s their story and they are sticking to it.
The tester said that it is showing up on the test, idk, i don’t care.

Being that it is a DOT/FAA workplace, MJ is not allowed no matter what state law says.
I guess some are just tempted by all the talk about it?

Have you noticed more testing at your place of employment?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
No uptick in testing but I know lots of people are using the CBD oils recently. We’ll see how that pans out...

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Testing is increasing because more employees are popping hot. Sadly, I think it’s a sign of the times. I deal with top level safety professionals on a daily basis and it’s coming out that there are huge issues with addictions and it’s greatly affecting the workforce. And this was before SQ788 passage. I imagine it will only continue to get worse before it gets better.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No uptick in testing but I know lots of people are using the CBD oils recently. We’ll see how that pans out...

It is my understanding that even "no THC CBD oil" can cause a positive test. I buy my CBD from a Colorado business that routinely does third party testing and publishes the batch number and results for users to see. I've seen several comments in a FB group I'm in from people who have used CBD oil they bought here in Oklahoma, that was advertised as no THC and they tested positive.

Like everyone else I don't have any answers to the problematic questions CBD and MMJ present. I'm just glad I don't have to deal with a job AND a migraine any longer. 25 years of that **** was plenty.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had to take a breathalyzer and piss test about 3 years ago after a couple guys got into it and one screamed the other was on drugs nothing since

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is my understanding that even "no THC CBD oil" can cause a positive test.

Ding ding ding!

Warning, people... if you have a job where they are gonna get upset at the possibility of you smoking weed, don't use CBD oil. Period. There will be NO way you can prove a negative if you test hot.

How do you prove you that you don't use drugs?

Same way you prove that you're NOT a racist - you can't.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ding ding ding!

Warning, people... if you have a job where they are gonna get upset at the possibility of you smoking weed, don't use CBD oil. Period. There will be NO way you can prove a negative if you test hot.

How do you prove you that you don't use drugs?

Same way you prove that you're NOT a racist - you can't.

Yup, my employer (FAA) actually sent out a notice/warning about CBD oil. Short answer, don't use it. It makes sense to me...if they allow CBD use, someone could smoke pot and "mask" it by saying they are using CBD. Of course the levels would probably different but it clouds the water so to speak.

We get random screenings, either breathalyzer or urine.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What with the passage of 788, I wonder how many employers will start new drug testing programs for their employees or if employers with existing programs step up the frequency of those tests?

Might new "freedoms" lead to more unemployment?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love how the OK law specifies an employee can't be terminated for usage... what about your aircraft mechanic, your neurosurgeon or your kids' bus driver? How do you feel about the uncertainty with knowing when and how much they use? But hey, Oklahomans voted for it, whether they read and understood the law and the consequences or not. lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom