Drug testing at work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A woman on my route started a CBD oil business and did an ODOT test. She was interviewed on news 9 back in June. Here's her results.

cbd dot.jpg

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A woman on my route started a CBD oil business and did an ODOT test. She was interviewed on news 9 back in June. Here's her results.

View attachment 121277

I didn't really make my post clear. Some CBD oils in a particular batch with be truly THC free, but I've read enough of people's posts where their pain management doctor dropped them for positive THC results and they were using products that were advertised as THC free, or worse, using products that had never produced a positive result and then, with a new bottle, did cause them to be positive.

The universal advice on CBD Oil Users group (which tracks several brands and tries to help people decide whether CBD can help them is if your job is dependent on a negative drug test then DO NOT use ANY CBD oil -- even the ones that are advertised as TCH free because at some point you WILL be exposed to THC and pop hot.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i don't know about mandatory reporting for jobs, but we had to be tested during our adoption process (don't get me started on that one) each year. At one point the doctor doing the test mentioned that they wont show a positive result if you have a prescription for the drug. I'm sure it does vary between the types of required tests, but i thought it interesting given how prevalent addition to prescribed drugs has been.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i don't know about mandatory reporting for jobs, but we had to be tested during our adoption process (don't get me started on that one) each year. At one point the doctor doing the test mentioned that they wont show a positive result if you have a prescription for the drug. I'm sure it does vary between the types of required tests, but i thought it interesting given how prevalent addition to prescribed drugs has been.
And did he happen to mention just how his test--based on well-known chemical principles, not any sort of interview--knows if you have the magic permission slip so it can read negative?

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And did he happen to mention just how his test--based on well-known chemical principles, not any sort of interview--knows if you have the magic permission slip so it can read negative?

It was our GP doing the test (as opposed to a service we were sent to), but i would also assume you could present your prescription bottle, as well. Again, it wasn't a government-related issue (like say the FAA stuff), but was akin to the employment stuff in that it was a private group (our adoption agency) that required it as a condition of working with them.

We also had to prove (yearly) that we didn't have syphilis or HIV (honestly, those were the three things they required for medical screenings).

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was our GP doing the test (as opposed to a service we were sent to), but i would also assume you could present your prescription bottle, as well. Again, it wasn't a government-related issue (like say the FAA stuff), but was akin to the employment stuff in that it was a private group (our adoption agency) that required it as a condition of working with them.

We also had to prove (yearly) that we didn't have syphilis or HIV (honestly, those were the three things they required for medical screenings).
Ah, I misunderstood it to mean the test wouldn't report positive with a script, not his office wouldn't report positive with a script. Mea culpa.

Latest posts

Top Bottom