Drug testing at work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah, I misunderstood it to mean the test wouldn't report positive with a script, not his office wouldn't report positive with a script. Mea culpa.

ah, yes, i was probably not clear. I was simply pointing out that, in this instance, someone could be using something while at work and the test results wouldn't reflect that. That using CBD oil on your own will get you in trouble, but being high as a kite on opioids might not 'show'.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny how drug testing quantity goes up and all of a sudden a large quantity of people are failing drug tests at work.
Use to be I’d hear of about 10 people getting a test each year, now it sounds like they are testing exponentially more and getting a lot of dirty results.
I got the breathalyzer and pee test, everyone else just got the pee test.

2 guys failed with “CBD oil/no thc”, yeah ok. That’s their story and they are sticking to it.
The tester said that it is showing up on the test, idk, i don’t care.

Being that it is a DOT/FAA workplace, MJ is not allowed no matter what state law says.
I guess some are just tempted by all the talk about it?

Have you noticed more testing at your place of employment?
I have had to take 4 “random” UA’s in five years. Random my rear. And three of them have been over the last year and a half. I don’t have anything to hide but I believe it’s because I take suboxone because I am a recovering addict. They knew it because I had to disclose it when I got the job. It almost costed me from getting it. Thank the good Lord above that it didn’t.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my job you get piss tested if you have any accident. This includes a vehicle accident in a company vehicle even if you were not at fault. Last year I picked up my tool bag wrong and tweaked my elbow. Since it was an on the job injury I had to use their urgent care center. Before they would even see me I had to take a piss test. So here I was, my arm feeling like someone drove a spike into my elbow, trying to hold a cup and aim my gun with my other hand, which was my non dominant hand. Another guy got rear-ended on an exit ramp by someone who was texting. Even though he wasn't injured he still had to go take a piss test and couldn't work until the test results came back.

So yeah, I won't try CBD oil. I will do nothing to jeopardize my job when I have 3 years left to get pension.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lucky for me I’m retired and don’t have to worry about drug testing. However, my last 6 years of employment was at a drug and alcohol treatment center. Having seen our clients fight addiction or mask their addiction I’d just as soon not touch any drug.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
As a recovering addict I can tell you first hand how horrible it is. It’s hard to describe what it is like. Take having the flu and make it a lot worse. Then you have restless leg when you try to sleep so you can’t. And not even ambien would work. You have horrible anxiety and your constant thought is about getting your next fix. And trust me. When your to the point of taking 35-40 10mg percocets a day it isn’t to get high. It’s to not feel sick. Take all this while I was trying to be a good father and husband and Christian but was failing miserably. It also causes a person to be very moody. Then you get so desperate to have the fix that you will do anything to get it. And I mean anything. If cutting your finger or hand off would get you the fix a person would do it. I still struggle with thoughts of using even though I have been clean for 7 years. It is a very scary thought to relapse someday and lose everything I have worked so hard for. I know most people associate drug addicts to being low life losers. Well I was a loser but far from a lowlife. I am a devout Christian and come from a great middle class family. It can happen to anyone. When I see people struggling it actually hurts my stomach because I know what it’s like. Sadly my cousin is in prison right now for being an addict. And two of my other cousins are in recovery like me. So if any of y’all look at addicts as being worthless drains on society try thinking about what I said here and have a little compassion for them. Most of us didn’t become addicts on purpose. I know I sure didn’t.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love how the OK law specifies an employee can't be terminated for usage... what about your aircraft mechanic, your neurosurgeon or your kids' bus driver? How do you feel about the uncertainty with knowing when and how much they use? But hey, Oklahomans voted for it, whether they read and understood the law and the consequences or not. lol

I believe the law says you can’t be terminated just for having a license. You can still be terminated for being high on the job, just like you can be for being drunk on the job.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Choices have conquences. If you know the penalty, and violate the requirement anyway, you have no excuse. A little like knowing the sign says "wet paint" but you just have to touch it anyway.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a recovering addict I can tell you first hand how horrible it is. It’s hard to describe what it is like. Take having the flu and make it a lot worse. Then you have restless leg when you try to sleep so you can’t. And not even ambien would work. You have horrible anxiety and your constant thought is about getting your next fix. And trust me. When your to the point of taking 35-40 10mg percocets a day it isn’t to get high. It’s to not feel sick. Take all this while I was trying to be a good father and husband and Christian but was failing miserably. It also causes a person to be very moody. Then you get so desperate to have the fix that you will do anything to get it. And I mean anything. If cutting your finger or hand off would get you the fix a person would do it. I still struggle with thoughts of using even though I have been clean for 7 years. It is a very scary thought to relapse someday and lose everything I have worked so hard for. I know most people associate drug addicts to being low life losers. Well I was a loser but far from a lowlife. I am a devout Christian and come from a great middle class family. It can happen to anyone. When I see people struggling it actually hurts my stomach because I know what it’s like. Sadly my cousin is in prison right now for being an addict. And two of my other cousins are in recovery like me. So if any of y’all look at addicts as being worthless drains on society try thinking about what I said here and have a little compassion for them. Most of us didn’t become addicts on purpose. I know I sure didn’t.
Hang in there Tonykane1 I haven’t been an addict but know people who were or are it is rough

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tony, it took a lot of courage to say that. Thank you.

I've had experience with more than a few addicts, both professionally and personally, and people just don't have any idea.

Latest posts

Top Bottom