Ducks ... and Rabbits ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple, three weeks ago I came home from TSC with 3 of the cutest pekin ducklings you have ever seen. A week after that I came home with another pekin, a cayuga (I think) and something I have no clue what is. I'd post pics but I can't figure out how to do it (and honestly am not that interested in learning).

Anyhow, 3 thoughts -- those things are nasty as ****, grow like weeds and if they are drakes will taste really good. Oh ... and they are cute as they can be! Lol

Picked up a couple of pens, too. I think I am gonna replace my rabbits, too, now that I feel better. Their poo is SO good for the garden. And rabbit is better than chicken, IMHO.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Better you than me, been there done that and ducks are as you said, put in a nice manner.. Their also greasy and all dark meat and while I like my dark meat I'll stick to chicken legs.. Chickens trump rabbits unless of course you have rabbits that lay Cadbury eggs.. On the topic of rain, the gubbermint now controls the weather and as long as the left is crying about something that's all the water they figure we need...

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okie, dokey!! New bunnies are set up. 3 does and a buck. For starters. :fallangel

However many drakes I end up with (except one) will go to Freezer Camp. Chickens are safe ... for now. I sure wish I could swing having a rooster but nope. Not while I'm in town.

Rabbits are a bit young yet but that's okay. I'd rather let them get used to the noise and whatnot around here. Less chance of not taking, or losing babies.

Anybody know where I can get some quail? :hey3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom