Dumb things overheard at a gun store.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at an Academy store looking for some ammunition today and a few other products. I overheard one of their gun experts talking to an elderly woman. She was filling out the paperwork on a Glock and he was explaining to her that she needed to get a strobe light for the rail, so that when the bad guy comes in she could hit the strobe light and it would temporarily hypnotize him. I am not kidding, this was actually heard. I was like thinking what the hell?

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought my first handgun in 1990. I was trying to decide between several and was looking at a TZ-75 Model 88. Never had heard of a CZ 75 or Tangfolio before and was thinking of getting something else (may have been a Colt All American 2000.) There was a gentleman who overheard the conversation and started saying Tangfolio was a good manufacturer and started talking about the CZ 75, explained that the gun was a clone and perhaps an excellent choice. I ended up buying the TZ 75. Glad I did too, aside from having trouble getting magazines it was a great gun. Turns out that gentleman has written many articles for varying gun magazines over the years. Saw his photo in Gun's and Ammo. Wish I could remember his name. Was very happy I didn't buy a jam-o-matic Colt. My point, if you know something, say something.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately I should have said if you are knowledgeable, are not stupid enough to think you are knowledgeable, your friends are not idiots but consider you to be knowledgeable.... Forget it!

No way around it. Perhaps if this meme does not apply to you?
sp.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom