Dumb things overheard at a gun store.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
to where she was and seen her racking the slide over and over. She told me she was finding it difficult to rack the slide and she was going to keep in shape by racking the slide in her free time just in case she needed to use it with the Glock out of reach.

Pretty sure that there is a backplate charging adapter for the Glocks.

Sort of like a ring attachment to make it easier to rack the slides.

Here is one website.
No financial interest. Actually never have been to this website, just found it for illustration.

https://www.mountsplus.com/glock-slide-assist.html

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Larry In OKC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at an Academy store looking for some ammunition today and a few other products. I overheard one of their gun experts talking to an elderly woman. She was filling out the paperwork on a Glock and he was explaining to her that she needed to get a strobe light for the rail, so that when the bad guy comes in she could hit the strobe light and it would temporarily hypnotize him. I am not kidding, this was actually heard. I was like thinking what the hell?
Actually, a strobe can induce a seizure in a lot of people, it's pretty common.

Larry In OKC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In all fairness, most of the crowd that buys guns at Academy probably need a safety of some sort, or a manual safety. :D

Insert gLocK haZZ tHReE SaFeTiEs!!
I bought a Beretta 96A1 @ Academy a few years back, they had it mis-priced in the display cabinet. Had it marked for $398, was supposed to be $598. They weren't happy about it, but the gun counter manager sold me the gun for the marked price. They didn't waste any time changing the price in the display counter!

Latest posts

Top Bottom