Dumb things overheard at a gun store.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least the kid was willing to work. Would have been a good time to spread some information.
Yeah, I should have, but it just really rubbed me the wrong way. I walked off without saying a word, then came back later and asked another clerk. He knew what I was talking about and showed where to go to make the purchase.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at an Academy store looking for some ammunition today and a few other products. I overheard one of their gun experts talking to an elderly woman. She was filling out the paperwork on a Glock and he was explaining to her that she needed to get a strobe light for the rail, so that when the bad guy comes in she could hit the strobe light and it would temporarily hypnotize him. I am not kidding, this was actually heard. I was like thinking what the hell?
Actually a good strobe light kills on contact.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I witnessed a salesperson at Medlocks sell an elderly grandma a S&W 432, then proceeded to sell her the wrong ammo for it.
I was also accused of trying to sell a stolen bushmaster AR to them many years ago.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well of course you’re going to hear lots of stupid stuff at places like academy, Atwoods, bass pro, etc.. they hire people who have very little knowledge and pay them $10hr.

Guy at cabelas told my .452 dia bullets were for .45 long colt and wouldn’t work for my .45 acp (they will work). He pointed me to the .458 dia bullets (for .45-70) and said those were for .45 acp. He handed me the .458 dia 325gr ftx for .45 acp lmao

He was an older guy. I considered educating him on it but decided nah.. I didn’t buy anything. Found some projectiles at a small locally owned gun shop the next day.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at the Bass Pro in Grapevine a day or two after they opened, I asked a kid at the gun counter if they sold black powder. His mind sorta went blank, finally he point to the reloading section and said, “All our powder is over there, but I don’t know what color it is.”

Red Dot has red dots in it
Green Dot has green dots init
Blue Dot has blue dots in it

Latest posts

Top Bottom