Dumbest Idea I have Seen Yet...

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
there is already one in texas and oklahoma
Yes, but the one in Texas is a power plant that recycles the majority of the CO2 and uses it for combustion. The rest is stored for either earth injection or sold to companies that use CO2 in manufacturing processes. It is a true zero carbon power plant. Its just outside of Houston and is a small scale proof of concept plant that is generating 25 mWatts right now.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The science is even wackier, I'm not a chemist, but you mix CO2 and H2O and you get another liquid when under pressure called Carbonic Acid, which although weak still erodes rock. When you look at all the CO2 it sequesters versus how much it takes to build one and the energy it takes off the grid, still takes even more energy. This is a perpetual motion machine they expect governments and taxpayers to pay for with no commercial value.
The co2 will react with the calcium in the earth and form stable carbonates which won’t erode any rock but rather “replace” it.
The science is there but as you can imagine, the technology is not.
I worked in a lab that studied natural carbon sequestration and they talked about this stuff like we do aliens. No one believes this kind of crap is at all feasible.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, a comment like that without specifying more about where and how long they have been there seems to be somewhat wasted. Otherwise, we have to wonder if the comment is even true.
sorry. just cause you won't look doesn't make it not true either. i don't have a link anymore because it is old news. i read about it on oklahoma energy today.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pumping water underground; doesn't that sound like a oil waste water process that caused earth quakes here in OK?

What could go wrong...
Seems to me they already have active volcanos in Iceland. And frequent earthquakes. Silly humans! Probably not two brain cells to rub together in the whole fracking lot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom