Dumping dogs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPOONBILL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Edited to add I absolutely do not condone senselessly shooting animals. I detest it and have hated to put down animals that have been dumped of. When you own your own animals and livestock and have children running around it becomes a necessity. Sad but its the way it is. Damn near in tears thinking about it right now. Wish I had a home for them all but I dont.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Edited to add I absolutely do not condone senselessly shooting animals. I detest it and have hated to put down animals that have been dumped of. When you own your own animals and livestock and have children running around it becomes a necessity. Sad but its the way it is. Damn near in tears thinking about it right now. Wish I had a home for them all but I dont.
After watching a pack tear up a neighbor and then my grandma before she could get back into her car I have no more tears.
That old 1894c has been put to work too many times to clean up someone else’s mess they though was cute when it was a pup.
Shouldn’t be a fine for dumping animals, just 2 broken kneecaps and trash pickup duty for 2 weeks.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most problems with dogs aren't a dog problem. They're almost always a people problem in one form or another. The animal almost always has to pay the price for the stupidity of a person. To too many people animals are just disposable.

I'm serious when I say there are a lot more people that need to be put down than dogs.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had to kill way too many dogs and cats because people are selfish, arrogant, ignorant fools. Not a fan at all. Most of my dogs have been rescues of one kind or another -- even my GSDs. My first GSD was retired from schutzhund competition after an injury and sent here to strengthen an American bloodline. Once she fulfilled that purpose her owner wanted to make sure all she did was "get treats, car rides and petting" ... It took me a couple of meetings and several phone calls but I FINALLY got her. I will NEVER have another dog like Jackie -- but I will always have a dog that I love in my life. Right now I have Nero (who is 12?? now ... I think ... I'd have to look at his papers.), who has joint problems which ruined his "dreams" of competing in schutzhund and being a stud dog, and Dawg, who had been dumped at Lake Overholser ...

Thought we had a new puppy a couple days ago but turns out the neighbors' new puppy got out of the backyard. Thank goodness. That little guy was a poop machine!! 😂

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just found another dumped dog. She was hiding in the ditch not far from my place. Very smart, has a bobbed tail. She followed me home. I had to leave for a bit after. Came back to see her leaving the porch to hide in the woods. She hid in the woods until she saw it was me. Seems to follow some basic commands. Probably a heeler Australian Shepherd mix maybe 4-6 months old. Has very interesting gray eyes. No issues with my dog, no food issues. Just fed them. If anyone needs a great dog let me know. She will bond quickly and pay close attention to you. She’s just laying down staring right at me now.

Attachments

• 2AE38B96-4130-4A30-87D1-1D80DECBB42B.jpeg
    2AE38B96-4130-4A30-87D1-1D80DECBB42B.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • FBA2DCB4-975C-4726-9CE1-E3238E310827.jpeg
    FBA2DCB4-975C-4726-9CE1-E3238E310827.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Just found another dumped dog. She was hiding in the ditch not far from my place. Very smart, has a bobbed tail. She followed me home. I had to leave for a bit after. Came back to see her leaving the porch to hide in the woods. She hid in the woods until she saw it was me. Seems to follow some basic commands. Probably a heeler Australian Shepherd mix maybe 4-6 months old. Has very interesting gray eyes. No issues with my dog, no food issues. Just fed them. If anyone needs a great dog let me know. She will bond quickly and pay close attention to you. She’s just laying down staring right at me now.
I wish I had a place to keep some of these dogs that show up here. I'm seriously thinking of retiring early next year and I could use a good companion or two.

Latest posts

Top Bottom