Dunkirk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took the wife to see Dunkirk this morning. It's OK but not on par with Saving Private Ryan or Fury. If I had known could have waited till it was on Netflix or some other streaming service. I would give it a 3 and 1/2 out of 5.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought SPR and Fury had some great action scenes - and some questionable scenes and acting. I'd give those movies 3 1/2 stars out of 5, so to hear Dunkirk isn't as good, dissuades me from paying to see it at the theater. Thanks for the comments.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw Dunkirk last night with the wife and we both agreed that it was OK but not outstanding. I will add a couple of exceptions - the air combat scenes were fairly good (I used to fly USAF fighters for a living) and one particular scene of naval action was good. However, I found the constant switching between "current" time and flashbacks very disorienting at first. We watched the movie in an IMAX theater and I found the dialog too distorted to really understand much of the time. That may have been the fault of the IMAX itself so I would recommend seeing this is a conventional theater over the IMAX. Bottom line OK, not great, 3 stars out of 5.

Latest posts

Top Bottom