Dunno if anyone is looking for .45

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Make a good stash gun...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And then some. The M&P 45 doesn't get the respect it really deserves. It boggles my mind that they have gotten so cheap. I should sell all of my other M&Ps, keep the one I have for sale and just buy a box of these and adopt .45 as my default caliber instead of 9mm. Drop them all over the house and use them for truck guns at these prices. Jeesh.

This is a very old post on another forum I ran across a couple of weeks ago from Larry Vickers. The fact that he puts it into the same basket as the HK45 is a pretty good testimonial IMO.

I own and like both guns - I think for the $$ the M&P is hard to beat but knowing how the HK45 has been built and tested there is no doubt it is the most bomb proof hard use .45 on the market now - if I wanted to buy a .45 pistol and be as confident as is possible in our man made world that the gun will go bang when I pull the trigger - regardless of the circumstances - I would buy the HK45

My recommendation would be to try and find one of those indoor ranges that has rental guns and try both if possible - but in the end I think you will be fine with either one

they are, in many ways, the modern replacement to the 1911 that has been touted for so long by so many other designs

be safe

Larry Vickers

Another snippet taken from an interview about the design of the HK45 and how it came from a failed idea of a H&K built 1911 for a new military sidearm. Note that he and Ken Hackathorne had input on the HK45 design so he's naturally pushing it here:

The HK45 is clearly the better choice. For the overwhelming number of people who feel like they need to have a .45 the only two real choices are the M&P45 and the HK45 and push come to shove if I’ve got to trust my life to one or the other, it would be the HK45.

http://pistol-training.com/articles/hk45-interview-with-ken-hackathorn-and-larry-vickers

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Ridiculous is what it was! With discount codes and free shipping it was under $250. I'm really curious as to what their condition was.
I was thinking they would have to be $250 or less to be a good enough deal to get my interest.

I'm fully committed to 9mm but I could add another caliber if the right deal came along. I'm even thinking of trying the .357Sig again. :)

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking they would have to be $250 or less to be a good enough deal to get my interest.

I'm fully committed to 9mm but I could add another caliber if the right deal came along. I'm even thinking of trying the .357Sig again. :)
I found Speer Gold Dot in .357Sig $2.00 a box cheaper than 124 Gold Dot 9mm and $4.00 than +P not long ago. It's kind of hard to not like the Sig.

Latest posts

Top Bottom