Dwight D. Eisenhower on the consequences of war

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some really solid posting from an interesting viewpoint. The fact you arrived here a few days after calling most scientists "chimps" is impressive. :D

I'll disagree with you in that it didn't take Ike until he left office to realize what was up. He railed against the same things the entire time he was in office. Chance for Peace speech with the Soviet comparisons came after Stalin's death - 3 months after Ike took office. I think he felt a lot of political pressure and watched a lot things occur in the defense realm during his time in office that he didn't approve of, and yeah, by the time he left office he probably did feel that he was conned in regards to the Soviets and the Cold War. For him to use the platform of his farewell address to speak that stridently about the subject was really telling. The 'ol boy was pissed.

Well, when it comes to Global Warming, most scientists become politicians, willing or forced.;)

I would agree that Ike found much of his belief system skewed when he went through the Looking Glass. I submit his willingness to use that language in his final speech was most probably that he was finally "free" of his handlers. Yes, careful review of many Presidential announcements will reveal the 'tells'. Mr. Clinton was one of the most obvious. Most people call it "flip-flopping", but it is mostly the handlers from the FIGM (Financial-Industrial-Government-Military due to mergers, leveraged buyouts, and hostile takeovers) that disallow certain dialog.

Remember, Ike left office into relative obscurity. He was eclipsed by Camelot. His last foray into politics was to endorse Goldwater in '64. He couldn't even beat LBJ.

Latest posts

Top Bottom