1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

E-Filing Problems with ATFonline.gov

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by SoonerStatePawn, Jan 30, 2014.

1. DirtyDawg

DirtyDawg Sharpshooter

Many of the comments at the bottom of the article are very enlightening. The old adage of "why fix it, when I can grow my budget and staff" come to mind.

I liked this one too: "I have to think somewhere in DC, a very devious government functionary figured out that you need a natural disaster to stop a facility from processing paper forms, but only the flimsiest of excuses to shut down a website."

Regardless, if anyone thinks the online submission process is supposed to make it easier and faster for the consumer and business owner, well....I have a bridge to sell you.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  2. NightShade

NightShade Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
  3. NightShade

NightShade Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    And looks like the ATF may now be scrapping the current eform system and building a new one. They are also "supposedly" drafting a letter killing all batch processing of forms.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...e-cease-desist-batch-nfa-paperwork-uploading/

Our great tax dollars at work. . .

4. Jack T.

Jack T. Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    It's great when it works. . .really cuts down the wait time.

It just seldom works.

They can't figure out what's going on, so (not kidding) they reboot the machine(s) 4 times per day, with each reboot taking roughly an hour. Good grief.

5. austin.brown

austin.brown Sharpshooter

I just looked at it today and the website says its unavailable.

https://www.atfonline.gov/EForms/

I just finished all my Trust stuff and my dealer tried to submit it for since 4-3 and nothing has worked.