E-Filing Problems with ATFonline.gov

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Many of the comments at the bottom of the article are very enlightening. The old adage of "why fix it, when I can grow my budget and staff" come to mind.

I liked this one too: "I have to think somewhere in DC, a very devious government functionary figured out that you need a natural disaster to stop a facility from processing paper forms, but only the flimsiest of excuses to shut down a website."

Regardless, if anyone thinks the online submission process is supposed to make it easier and faster for the consumer and business owner, well....I have a bridge to sell you.

Last edited:

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And looks like the ATF may now be scrapping the current eform system and building a new one. They are also "supposedly" drafting a letter killing all batch processing of forms.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...e-cease-desist-batch-nfa-paperwork-uploading/

According to our sources, the ATF is in the process of drafting a “cease and desist” letter to all users of the eForms system demanding that they immediately stop any batch uploading procedures. The reported punishment for anyone using such a process would be an immediate revocation of their ability to use the system. That would mean the Silencer Shop’s practice of offering their batch uploading services to other shops might not only get the Silencer Shop booted from the eForms filing system but any participating shops as well.

The news isn’t all doom and gloom, though. The ATF has reportedly secured new funding to scrap their (brand new, very expensive) eForms system and replace it with another brand new one that actually might work. They’re reportedly reaching out to people in the industry for help this time, so hopes are high that a new, re-designed system might actually work and shave time off of form processing.

Our great tax dollars at work. . .

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's great when it works. . .really cuts down the wait time.

It just seldom works.

They can't figure out what's going on, so (not kidding) they reboot the machine(s) 4 times per day, with each reboot taking roughly an hour. Good grief.

Latest posts

Top Bottom