Early voting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really think, that unless you are invalid, or in the military either deployed or active duty stationed outside your HOR (like it used to be), there should be absolutely no fricking mail in ballots. At all - request your Absentee ballot and vote. If you aren't in that demographic, get off your ass and go vote...we should do the finger ink thing too.
We're like the only country that does that sh*t. I don't even think Canada does it. It's criminal.
We've voted via absentee ballot pretty much every election over the last 10 years but maybe 2. It can be a pain to get the thing notarized though. I sign it and IMO that's all that should be required.

I've come around to the line of thought that voting for citizens should be as easy as possible.

giphy.gif

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a question about voting...not necessarily early voting.

I don't recall this option the first time I voted in OK two years ago. I was looking at this years ballot and noticed there's an option for straight party voting. Does anyone do this?

With all the drama that's centered around voting any more I'm inclined to just take the extra time to mark each individual race. Anybody do the straight party option?
Oklahoma is one of the few states that offer that option . . . I think it should go away and force people to select each candidate one by one.

I have never voted using that option.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't recall this option the first time I voted in OK two years ago. I was looking at this years ballot and noticed there's an option for straight party voting.
Straight ticket voting has been on Oklahoma ballots for a very long time. The old folks (like "survived the Dust Bowl and WWII" old folks) used to talk about "Marking the Rooster" to vote straight ticket Democrat. (This was, of course, before the Democrats veered hard left in the '90s and Oklahoma turned deep red.)

A few years ago the voting booths even had signs up telling people not to mark the straight ticket box and all of the candidate boxes.

Can't say I've ever voted straight ticket myself, though.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a question about voting...not necessarily early voting.

I don't recall this option the first time I voted in OK two years ago. I was looking at this years ballot and noticed there's an option for straight party voting. Does anyone do this?

With all the drama that's centered around voting any more I'm inclined to just take the extra time to mark each individual race. Anybody do the straight party option?
That was the thing to do in my house growing up. Check one box and you're done. It has bee around since waaaay before I could vote.

Lawmakers pitch idea to end to straight-ticket voting in ...

https://www.examiner-enterprise.com › news › 2021/01/28
HB 1016 by Ranson and Dossett (J.J.)

Jan 28, 2021 — Oklahoma State Election Board data shows that more than 710200 chose the straight-party voting option during last year's general election.
They also noted constitutional and state questions don't get voted on as much when voters use this option.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really think, that unless you are invalid, or in the military either deployed or active duty stationed outside your HOR (like it used to be), there should be absolutely no fricking mail in ballots. At all - request your Absentee ballot and vote. If you aren't in that demographic, get off your ass and go vote...we should do the finger ink thing too.
We're like the only country that does that sh*t. I don't even think Canada does it. It's criminal.

I agree with this. If it’s not worth your time or you are unwilling to have just a little bit of inconvenience, I’m kinda thinking maybe the quality of votes would be better if you didn’t get to the ballot box.

Latest posts

Top Bottom